uniqs
share rss forum feed

nasfan24

join:2003-11-16
Cambridge, MD
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

HughesNet Gen4 Sat Beam Locations

I am scheduled to have to new Gen4 system installed soon. Yesterday evening I was surfing the net reading information about this new system. I ran across a map that showed the beam location from the 107.1 Jupiter XVII satellite ( I think that is the right one ). For the life of me I can not find that map today. Does anyone know that link for the MD area, because I thought I saw where I was outside the beam as it was shown on the map. Is it still possible to get this service if I am outside the beam? What will be the disadvantages?
--
HN7000S, Horizons1, 1410

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

Try this link
»www.satbeams.com/satellites?id=2497

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas
reply to nasfan24

nasfan24 FWIW I am smack-dab in the bullseye of U5DL and yet when I called Hughesnet they indicated it was not yet available to me. So regardless of what the POTENTIAL might be with the new sat you have to contact them and find out about GEN4 for your location.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

the beam is there, but I bet the Gateway for that beam is being built or waiting for hardware upgrades... Beam U44DL is operational, which is the one I'm on.

nasfan24

Cambridge, MD
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to nasfan24

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am not hooked up to it. The installer said he has been doing a lot of them in this area so I guess it will work. I am just concerned about my speed. Browsing seems slow right now but lets give it a couple days to settle in then I will see how it is working.
--
HN7000S, Horizons1, 1410

Expand your moderator at work

nasfan24

Cambridge, MD
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to nasfan24

Re: HughesNet Gen4 Sat Beam Locations

I think I saw somewhere I am on beam 34. Don't know what that means as in how far away from the nearest beam I am. However my speed is good. Both in real browsing and speed test I have run. So I am happy. I will end up saving about 10 bucks a month with way more speed.

Happy customer,

Rick
--
HN7000S, Horizons1, 1410