kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Verizon Broadban..
reply to jazzlady

Re: Day 5, no power

said by jazzlady:

said by djdanska:

The oil companies are rich enough, but our station was not owned by any oil company. We get the majority of our profits from people buying stuff inside. Not the gas. Can't afford it.

Your situation may be different, but I would think that for 90+% of gas stations around the country- they're company owned.

Most of the gas stations around here are franchised. Not owned by the oil company. You can't rely on just gas to survive. It's impossible.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

said by djdanska:

said by jazzlady:

said by djdanska:

The oil companies are rich enough, but our station was not owned by any oil company. We get the majority of our profits from people buying stuff inside. Not the gas. Can't afford it.

Your situation may be different, but I would think that for 90+% of gas stations around the country- they're company owned.

Most of the gas stations around here are franchised. Not owned by the oil company. You can't rely on just gas to survive. It's impossible.

I don't really know how franchises work. I thought the company still owned the station and it was a sort of profit sharing deal. Maybe not. I honestly don't know, so maybe you're right.
--
“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Sinclair Lewis

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

It depends on who owns the land. The franchise location may lease the station from the oil company landlord, they may lease the land from a real estate investment trust or may own the land outright.
If leasing, a big $$$ chunk goes to the lease.

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

said by PrntRhd:

It depends on who owns the land. The franchise location may lease the station from the oil company landlord, they may lease the land from a real estate investment trust or may own the land outright.
If leasing, a big $$$ chunk goes to the lease.

Ah, ok- that makes sense. Thanks.
--
“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Sinclair Lewis