join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: [FireFox] How do I best backup my bookmarks and everything e

I use both FEBE and CLEO.

Do a full backup with FEBE, then use CLEO to package all my extensions into ONE .xpi package so all I have to do is drag that one into a new Firefox session & every extension gets installed.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

I used to use FEBE, but not CLEO. Way back when I did, Firefox updated one time and rendered backing it up non workable and I was unable to restore the backup to the new version. I had to delete my instance of firefox, hunt down a previous version, and reload from FEBE. I no longer trust FEBE, and now I no longer trust Xmarks because I can't even do a restore with Xmarks, and nothing works with it, I click and nothing happens.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

I've used Febe since it came out and install it on all my customer's machines..........they love it .

I've personally restored numerous profiles and have never had any problems.

You may want to learn how to configure it properly to work for you.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

No, there was a known problem when Firefox was updated in one of its versions, and the FEBE creator had to post detailed recovery steps on his site, which for some reason did not work for me. I apologize that I cannot offer specifics as my memory of the issue is poor.

Also, it doesn't store them online either, so when I learned of Xmarks I started using that. But then for some reason I couldn't restore off of Xmarks!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Why store them online when you can carry a backup file around on any media.........a flash drive?

You can also just copy the entire profile folder to any new version of FF and that usually works.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

The answers to that are obvious. Theft, fire, sudden moves/loss of possessions, being away from one computer and wanting to add to another computer without going home. Seriously. And thumb drives fail all the time!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

I have 6 of them. lol

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

6 backups. Wow, that is a lot of hassle when you could just cloud them or something. Who has time for that?