ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to Ecwfrk

Premium Member

to Ecwfrk

Re: [AR] Switching to Home office package, Sales issues

you should cut and paste this in an email to Cox since you can't wait on the phone.
Ecwfrk
join:2001-03-02
Fort Smith, AR

Ecwfrk

I've tried that. That's how I ended up talking to the corporate sales guy.
People who monitor website email addresses tend to scan the mails they get for keywords then send the most appropriate form response they have available. They likely saw the words "sales" and "business" and sent me the contact info for the local corporate rep without looking at anything else. Since they tend to answer the same things over and over again, that just becomes second nature.
E-Mail to a generic support address is generally not a great way to try and handle anything that isn't already covered in a FAQ document.
Ecwfrk

Ecwfrk

Got a sales guy who found the issue. Apparently when I called my address was incorrectly recognized as a commercially zoned area (It wasn't picking up the "South" part of my address). They've got it sorted now so sales should be able to do the rest.

outwest
@dsn1.net

outwest

Anon

Yeah, I don't no what all the zoning issues are, but $700 a month is a lot. I've got a business account for $99 a month, no taxes. But I'm not getting paying for top tier speeds, which is maybe what you need. I average around 35 to 36 mbps downloads, 15 to 16 up, which is enough for my needs.

Oh, and if you want them to separate your business and home accounts, good luck! I tried on three separate occasions to have them bill me separately for my accounts, but they never could manage it, so in the end I gave up.
eekthecat
join:2009-10-15
Irvine, CA

eekthecat

said by outwest :

Yeah, I don't no what all the zoning issues are, but $700 a month is a lot. I've got a business account for $99 a month, no taxes. But I'm not getting paying for top tier speeds, which is maybe what you need. I average around 35 to 36 mbps downloads, 15 to 16 up, which is enough for my needs.

Oh, and if you want them to separate your business and home accounts, good luck! I tried on three separate occasions to have them bill me separately for my accounts, but they never could manage it, so in the end I gave up.

Is there a particular package you're using? All I can seem to find under business accounts are much higher priced for FAR lower speeds...