All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0

hahahaaha

so fellow tsi users i use googles gmail to call virgin to activate and put minutes on a phone
they WONT do it cause the call routes into the usa

so three ends the ability of someone with no phone to get one and im not bothering again

just a heads up for other tsi users dont use virgin mobile....
OHSrob
join:2011-06-08

OHSrob

Dial *611 on your phone to add minuets to your phone.
buttaknife
join:2007-06-01

buttaknife to funny0

to funny0
This post has confused me, more than anything else.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to OHSrob

to OHSrob
6 tries got a support guy out of new zealand and he got me sorted

A) ya need to prove your in canada with your postal code
B) the muid hex number
C) then you update phone with a code he gives ya
THIS CONCLUDES ACTIVATION

D) wait 2 hrs after adding some minutes ( done hereafter with #111)

hehe fun wow
if this failed i would have asked about teks phone service
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to buttaknife

to buttaknife
I think this would be better suited to »Canadian Chat , that is, if anyone can figure out what he's trying to say or what his point is.
OHSrob
join:2011-06-08

OHSrob

said by grunze510:

I think this would be better suited to »Canadian Chat , that is, if anyone can figure out what he's trying to say or what his point is.

I believe he is saying that he experienced difficulty activating and adding minuets to his new cellular telephone from virgin mobile due to either multiple confused or new Customer service representative that were not able to process his requests at the 611 desk. Until he managed to get an outsourced call center in new zealand.

At what point the CSR asked him for the IMSI of his phone (or CDMA equivalent), his address and postal code and now he has to wait upwards of 2 hours for their database to update replicate then auto provision his telephone on the cellular network.

edit: I suspect he posted here as he wanted to switch to teksavvy home phone if virgin was not able to provision his telelphone.
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan to buttaknife

to buttaknife
lol. I'm not sure why everyone is confused. He used Gmail's "call phone" feature to call Virgin Mobile to purchase minutes but they wouldn't let him do this because the caller ID that Gmail passes is a U.S. number. His point is that someone who doesn't have a phone won't be able to add minutes, however, OHSrob provided a solution.