Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

brza44

join:2012-11-03
Astoria, NY
reply to rcncares

Re: [Storm 2012] Outages NYC

Ok, now I'm being moderated again. Just a few points though:

-apparently, no crews are "actively working" at sites in Queens. Which is true, again:same trees & pole down near me.

-that there is not even an estimate as to when 63% of Queens will be back on line but you comment on specific buildings and complexes in Manhattan & Brooklyn is an insult.

-how can rcn justify using personnel for installations when 63% of Queens is w/o service?

-why does rcn feel a need to shield conEd from criticism but feels no need to give specific ETAs for Queens? How long should I wait? Over a week? Two weeks? While rcn is doing installations so they make more cash?

I'm canceling my service and switching to TWC. RCN should be ashamed of their response to this situation in Queens

Dmple2012

@rcn.com

ConEd is likely prioritizing at this moment which mens getting power up to as much of the population as possible. Dont be a hater but it means Manhattan because population is more dense. They are actively trying to get all subways , hospitals and schools up & running.

RCN probably will not bad mouth ConEd (at least not publicly) because they depend on ConEd to operate and stay in business. ConEd doesn't depend on RCN to Survive.

said by brza44:

Ok, now I'm being moderated again. Just a few points though:

-apparently, no crews are "actively working" at sites in Queens. Which is true, again:same trees & pole down near me.

-that there is not even an estimate as to when 63% of Queens will be back on line but you comment on specific buildings and complexes in Manhattan & Brooklyn is an insult.

-how can rcn justify using personnel for installations when 63% of Queens is w/o service?

-why does rcn feel a need to shield conEd from criticism but feels no need to give specific ETAs for Queens? How long should I wait? Over a week? Two weeks? While rcn is doing installations so they make more cash?

I'm canceling my service and switching to TWC. RCN should be ashamed of their response to this situation in Queens

NY2012

@rcn.com

ConEd is not prioritizing queens which matters since you paying for service that is not there. I'm not sure how you can refer to him/her as hater when RCN is business in first place and as a business if you can't cover areas and meet the needs of all customers than you should not be in those areas in first place leave others that can handle it.If RCN can't fix this problem and is leaving Queens the last and is depending on ConED and has no power over, than this is also my exit call to more efficient ISP which handles problems in time. I'll pay the same or even more to get better service, after all we also depend on internet to make a living if you cant handle it don't be in the business.

brza44

join:2012-11-03
Astoria, NY
reply to Dmple2012

Pay attention to what's been written before commenting. We never lost power. As I said above, I actually think RCN blaming conEd is a bs excuse. ConEd has been moving mountains-it's RCN that can't restore service to a relatively unaffected after a week.

As for your scolding: I have a 6-months pregnant wife. I couldn't call 911 on my land like if I needed to do so. And since NOBODY has Internet and are crowding the wireless network, I can't keep a call from dropping. So I can't call 911 at all. But hey, I just need to stop "hating" on RCN for taking the time to restore service to 98% of Brooklyn customers and giving updates on specific buildings/complexes in Manhattan & Brooklyn while we stew a week later w/o service or an ETA for restoration. Finally, don't worry about me-I won't be rcn's problem anymore real soon.