Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

[TV] Fibe TV connection questions

Hey guys,

while Fibe TV will eventually come into a portion of my neighbourhood where I live (Harwood/Hwy. 2 area in Ajax, Ontario), I want to know some of the experiences you have when connecting your Fibe TV receivers.

I have at least three TVs in the household - one of them is a flat screen HDTV - the others are just regular CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) TVs.

I understand that most new homes have Cat6 cabling along with RG-6 cabling, but in the home where I live - it's almost 30 years old and still utilise the RG-59 cabling.

Is it feasible to use the Fibe TV service using coaxial cabling (coax) or is it Cat6 cabling should be recommended to enhance the Fibe TV experience?

Also (sorry if I go a bit off topic, but), let's say if I subscribed to Fibe Internet (the pre-requisite needed to use Fibe TV) and convert that Fibe Modem/Router from being a gateway mode (router and modem in one) into just a modem-only operation (bridge mode) - will this interfere in any way with the operation of Fibe TV?

Some people are more comfortable on using their own wireless routers with the Fibe Internet service.

Any suggestions?

skinny

@quickclic.net

Hello

RG-59 is fine. As long as it tests well. Which the tech will do when he or she does the install.

BTS Tech. (bell techinical soultions)

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to simon726

Lots of places getting FTTN Fibe services have very old copper wiring no even close to Cat6. Mine infact were put in 1962 but since the FTTN remote is in the apt basement the length is short, so no problems. What's important it is the length of the copper or distance.

The cable that runs between the Sagemcom gateway and the PVR can be run separately from existing, but you'd have to hide it somehow around the baseboards and such.

Bplayer

join:2012-06-28
Thornhill, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to simon726

said by simon726:

Also (sorry if I go a bit off topic, but), let's say if I subscribed to Fibe Internet (the pre-requisite needed to use Fibe TV) and convert that Fibe Modem/Router from being a gateway mode (router and modem in one) into just a modem-only operation (bridge mode) - will this interfere in any way with the operation of Fibe TV?

Just read through some of the other excellent posts here and you will find answers.

Your suggested configuration will work and TV will be fine, but the FibeTV apps will not work as they use your internet account for connectivity.

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

said by Bplayer:

Just read through some of the other excellent posts here and you will find answers.

Your suggested configuration will work and TV will be fine, but the FibeTV apps will not work as they use your internet account for connectivity.

Since I'm planning in advance right now and by the time I will sign up with Bell Fibe Internet (and Fibe TV where available), I will revisit this issue on setting up one of the Fibe connection hubs into a "true" modem-only operation (bridge mode).

Any suggestions/advice please kindly contribute.