share rss forum feed

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms

Looking for a VPN based in Italy

My friend would like to view certain content on Rai.it & Rai.tv that's only accessibly to Italian residents. I've done some research and the most inexpensive one I've found is overplay.net. I've read some mixed reviews so I'm still looking around. Can anyone suggest a good VPN based in Italy?

unavailable

@redstation.net.uk

I've used a few, including overplay. I currently use, and really like Boxpn »www.boxpn.com/

Rastan

Canada

Thanks for the link but it doesn't seem like they have a server based in Italy.

unavailable

@tds.net

They do. You get a list when you sign up and they're adding servers pretty often. They send e-mails showing some new servers and if you want the complete updated list, you just shoot them an e-mail and they get back to you quick.

I bought a year, because it was the cheapest. I use it to watch blacked out things here in the US and also British stuff, and Canadian stuff that's not available outside of those countries. I've been very satisfied.

Doesn't cost a lot to test for a month. That's what I did. I used Paypal and just canceled the automatic billing via Paypal's website to cancel the subscription. I was satisfied enough to buy a year, like I say.

Rastan

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms

Thanks. I'll look into it. Did you order their Secure PPTP / L2TP service or their more expensive High Secure PPTP / L2TP + SST service? I've read that some sites are able to block PPTP.

I found vpntraffic.com. They offer several servers, including an Italian one, and they let you switch back and forth between them. I've read mixed reviews about them though. Have you ever used their service?

unavailable

@tds.net

I ordered the Secure PPTP / L2TP, cheaper option. I have used VpnTraffic and found that while they were the cheapest, they were also the worst. Lots of disconnects and slow speeds. Like I said, I've also used Overplay. They were fine, much better than VpnTraffic but were more expensive than Boxpn and didn't offer any better performance.

Rastan

Canada

Thanks again for your help. After reading your last post I researched boxvpn and most of the reviews I've read are good. I'm going to do a bit more research before I decide which one to try first but I'm leaning towards boxvpn.