share rss forum feed

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to HeadendJoe

Re: What to do about 11 weeks of node/network problems?

said by HeadendJoe :

I don't know how CSRs dispatch calls these days, but next time you call in, specifically request that you want a maintenance tech or a CommTech 5 tech to come diagnose an issue with the plant.

Isn't it basically their S.O.P. that the phone reps can not do this and that only the premise facing techs can escalate an issue to the maintenance / network dept.

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
said by EG:

said by HeadendJoe :

I don't know how CSRs dispatch calls these days, but next time you call in, specifically request that you want a maintenance tech or a CommTech 5 tech to come diagnose an issue with the plant.

Isn't it basically their S.O.P. that the phone reps can not do this and that only the premise facing techs can escalate an issue to the maintenance / network dept.

This is correct. The CSRs will open up a new CR (ticket/case) and will only schedule a standard service technician to come out. That technician and his supervisor are the ones who make the decision to "escalate the problem to network" (as in make a case and hand it off to network/line techs (maintenance techs) to deal with), and that's quite literally the last the customer ever hears of things (i.e. the assumption is made by all involved that network/line will resolve the issue). I speak from experience on this one. :-(

In my case, I was able to meet the network/line tech (maintenance tech) solely because of a Comcast employee on the official Comcast Forums (who shall remain anonymous per their request) "putting in a good word" for me behind-the-scenes + reaching out to someone at my local repair office (in Menlo Park) to look at the case. It was total chance that I actually *met* the guy -- I happened to be looking out my window the next day and saw a Comcast truck (with bucket) outside, where the driver got out and wandered around near our property looking up at utility poles. I went out and talked to him, asked him if he was handling my CR #, and he was. That's the guy, by the way, who I mentioned above (re: went to head-end, reproduced issue with 747MHz and higher, determined issue was same as what was seen in San Carlos).

If I call 800-COMCAST, all the CSRs are going to do is open up a new CR/case, link it/tie it to the old ones, and schedule to have a service technician come out. I've been down this road 3 times already, and all it does is waste service technicians' time since they can't solve the problem.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.