share rss forum feed

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

Unlock iPhone for $4 bucks...

AT&T iPhone 5 users, you can unlock your iPhone for just $4 bucks with UnlockFusion @ »www.ebay.com/itm/Unlock-Code-Ser···:US:3160

I just ordered the service and my phone was unlocked (iTunes confirmed) within a matter of a few hours.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

all4jo73

@hainet.net

Yeah , it works. I used the service on my wife's and mine iphone 5.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Wonder if there is one for Rogers, canadian carrier.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Rob

I've heard so many people post about this, but I never knew the details. That's the cheapest price I've seen so far. Decided to try it on my iPhone 5. Would be great for when I go to Thailand...
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

clevere1
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA
kudos:1
reply to Rob

seems to work.

ToxicDrew
Premium
join:2001-09-24
reply to Rob

Nice find. Thanks

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
reply to banditws6

said by banditws6:

I've heard so many people post about this, but I never knew the details. That's the cheapest price I've seen so far. Decided to try it on my iPhone 5. Would be great for when I go to Thailand...

Yea! I waited until it dropped to a reasonable price. Before they were always $15 or more.
--

TCO1962
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL

said by Rob:

said by banditws6:

Yea! I waited until it dropped to a reasonable price. Before they were always $15 or more.

Hell, $15 is dirt cheap imo. lol

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Rob

How did they get this data?

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by Mike:

How did they get this data?

Probably has someone in the inside?

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
reply to Rob

double post - mods please delete

Elite

Orange, CT
reply to Rob

I see a lot of places offering iTunes based unlocks for sub-$40. I really wonder how the hell they do it, since there seem to be a ton of people offering this service.

Now to find a method to do it for free...
--
QUAD!!!!

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by Elite:

Now to find a method to do it for free...

It's 4 DOLLARS. Are you really that frugal?

Elite

Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Rob:

Yes. Because they've probably found a method to do it for free, and if so, are making nearly 100% profit. I could be those guys...
--
QUAD!!!!

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by Elite:

said by Rob:

Yes. Because they've probably found a method to do it for free, and if so, are making nearly 100% profit. I could be those guys...

Wouldn't that be almost 400% profit?
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Rob

I received confirmation that my unlock went through, so I restored my iPhone. iTunes reported the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked" message that is typical for this process (I had an old 3GS unlocked by AT&T, and it went the same way). Restored from backup. Looks like it worked. I don't have a non-AT&T SIM to test with, but this looks promising.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Rob

Maybe I'm missing something - is there any benefit to doing this if you don't travel? With AT&T now unlocking phones for free out of contract, I'm guessing this is pointless?
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Thinkdiff:

Maybe I'm missing something - is there any benefit to doing this if you don't travel? With AT&T now unlocking phones for free out of contract, I'm guessing this is pointless?

No benefit at all, if you stay with your carrier and dont travel (or don't care for roaming charges).

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
reply to banditws6

said by banditws6:

I received confirmation that my unlock went through, so I restored my iPhone. iTunes reported the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked" message that is typical for this process (I had an old 3GS unlocked by AT&T, and it went the same way). Restored from backup. Looks like it worked. I don't have a non-AT&T SIM to test with, but this looks promising.

If you plug your IMEI # back into their online checker, it'll tell you that it's unlocked (a 2nd way of checking).
--

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

In a way, yes, but you never know when you might have to travel and need this feature.

Plus, it's a big FU to AT&T.
--

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Rob

For as much money as is being spent on the phone, why isn't it a free service?

Is there something they have to do physically to the phone, or is it a software thing that they do to unlock it?

I'm just curious because I've never owned a smartphone, let alone an Iphone.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

AT&T will unlock a customer's iPhone for free, but only after the customer's contract is up and that they don't have an outstanding balance.

While under contract, AT&T won't unlock the phone, forcing customers who travel overseas to pay AT&T the roaming fees.

For the iPhone, to unlock it, they add the IMEI # to Apple's database, and then when the customer syncs their phone with iTunes, the Apple database will unlock the phone.
--

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

Thank you.
So the 4 dollar charge makes sense on the newer phones.

happy4ya
Premium
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Rob

To do this unlock, do you actually have to restore the phone or just plug it in and sync it? I have an 8gb iPhone 4 that I am selling and would like to have it unlocked but it is jailbroken and don't want to risk anything where I may have to restore it to IOS 6 and lose the JB.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

Just plug it in.
A factory unlocked phone versus the jailbreak unlock should net you a few extra bucks if you eBay it.

clevere1
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

said by ptrowski:

Just plug it in.
A factory unlocked phone versus the jailbreak unlock should net you a few extra bucks if you eBay it.

umm .. no. To unlock an iphone it has to be restored.
--
Where's th' DAFFY DUCK EXHIBIT??

happy4ya
Premium
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY
reply to Rob

Someone just bought it about an hour ago so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for the info.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to clevere1

said by clevere1:

said by ptrowski:

Just plug it in.

umm .. no. To unlock an iphone it has to be restored.

No it doesn't. When I had AT&T unlock my 3GS it did not have to be restored.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
reply to Rob

They lowered the price to $3.13 now.

Post Op
Premium
join:2001-11-06
inside out
reply to Rob

If one had this done could you take an iphone 4s used on sprint and activate it on verizon?
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.