uniqs

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Unlock iPhone for $4 bucks...

AT&T iPhone 5 users, you can unlock your iPhone for just $4 bucks with UnlockFusion @ »www.ebay.com/itm/Unlock- ··· :US:3160

I just ordered the service and my phone was unlocked (iTunes confirmed) within a matter of a few hours.

all4jo73
@hainet.net

all4jo73

Anon

Yeah , it works. I used the service on my wife's and mine iphone 5.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Wonder if there is one for Rogers, canadian carrier.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
I've heard so many people post about this, but I never knew the details. That's the cheapest price I've seen so far. Decided to try it on my iPhone 5. Would be great for when I go to Thailand...

clevere1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA

clevere1 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
seems to work.

ToxicDrew
Premium Member
join:2001-09-24

ToxicDrew to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Nice find. Thanks

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert to banditws6

Premium Member

to banditws6
said by banditws6:

I've heard so many people post about this, but I never knew the details. That's the cheapest price I've seen so far. Decided to try it on my iPhone 5. Would be great for when I go to Thailand...

Yea! I waited until it dropped to a reasonable price. Before they were always $15 or more.

TCO1962
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

said by Robert:

said by banditws6:

Yea! I waited until it dropped to a reasonable price. Before they were always $15 or more.

Hell, $15 is dirt cheap imo. lol

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Robert

Mod

to Robert
How did they get this data?

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Mike:

How did they get this data?

Probably has someone in the inside?

Elite
Kiss My Ass
join:2002-10-03
New Haven, CT

Elite to Robert

to Robert
double post - mods please delete
Elite

Elite to Robert

to Robert
I see a lot of places offering iTunes based unlocks for sub-$40. I really wonder how the hell they do it, since there seem to be a ton of people offering this service.

Now to find a method to do it for free...

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Elite:

Now to find a method to do it for free...

It's 4 DOLLARS. Are you really that frugal?

Elite
Kiss My Ass
join:2002-10-03
New Haven, CT
Synology RT2600ac
TP-Link TC-7650
ARRIS SB8200

Elite

said by Robert:

Yes. Because they've probably found a method to do it for free, and if so, are making nearly 100% profit. I could be those guys...

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

said by Elite:

said by Robert:

Yes. Because they've probably found a method to do it for free, and if so, are making nearly 100% profit. I could be those guys...

Wouldn't that be almost 400% profit?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
I received confirmation that my unlock went through, so I restored my iPhone. iTunes reported the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked" message that is typical for this process (I had an old 3GS unlocked by AT&T, and it went the same way). Restored from backup. Looks like it worked. I don't have a non-AT&T SIM to test with, but this looks promising.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to Robert

MVM,

to Robert
Maybe I'm missing something - is there any benefit to doing this if you don't travel? With AT&T now unlocking phones for free out of contract, I'm guessing this is pointless?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Thinkdiff:

Maybe I'm missing something - is there any benefit to doing this if you don't travel? With AT&T now unlocking phones for free out of contract, I'm guessing this is pointless?

No benefit at all, if you stay with your carrier and dont travel (or don't care for roaming charges).

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert to banditws6

Premium Member

to banditws6
said by banditws6:

I received confirmation that my unlock went through, so I restored my iPhone. iTunes reported the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked" message that is typical for this process (I had an old 3GS unlocked by AT&T, and it went the same way). Restored from backup. Looks like it worked. I don't have a non-AT&T SIM to test with, but this looks promising.

If you plug your IMEI # back into their online checker, it'll tell you that it's unlocked (a 2nd way of checking).
Robert

Robert to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

In a way, yes, but you never know when you might have to travel and need this feature.

Plus, it's a big FU to AT&T.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
For as much money as is being spent on the phone, why isn't it a free service?

Is there something they have to do physically to the phone, or is it a software thing that they do to unlock it?

I'm just curious because I've never owned a smartphone, let alone an Iphone.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

AT&T will unlock a customer's iPhone for free, but only after the customer's contract is up and that they don't have an outstanding balance.

While under contract, AT&T won't unlock the phone, forcing customers who travel overseas to pay AT&T the roaming fees.

For the iPhone, to unlock it, they add the IMEI # to Apple's database, and then when the customer syncs their phone with iTunes, the Apple database will unlock the phone.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Thank you.
So the 4 dollar charge makes sense on the newer phones.
happy4ya
Premium Member
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
To do this unlock, do you actually have to restore the phone or just plug it in and sync it? I have an 8gb iPhone 4 that I am selling and would like to have it unlocked but it is jailbroken and don't want to risk anything where I may have to restore it to IOS 6 and lose the JB.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Just plug it in.
A factory unlocked phone versus the jailbreak unlock should net you a few extra bucks if you eBay it.

clevere1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA

clevere1

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

Just plug it in.
A factory unlocked phone versus the jailbreak unlock should net you a few extra bucks if you eBay it.

umm .. no. To unlock an iphone it has to be restored.
happy4ya
Premium Member
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Someone just bought it about an hour ago so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for the info.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to clevere1

Premium Member

to clevere1
said by clevere1:

said by ptrowski:

Just plug it in.

umm .. no. To unlock an iphone it has to be restored.

No it doesn't. When I had AT&T unlock my 3GS it did not have to be restored.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

They lowered the price to $3.13 now.

Post Op
Premium Member
join:2001-11-06
inside out

Post Op to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
If one had this done could you take an iphone 4s used on sprint and activate it on verizon?