Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

1 edit

neonhomer

Premium Member

Direct Forums... What the?

This is a general rant, and I am not even sure if it is founded or not.

I've browsed a few threads, and they all seem to end with "Open a direct forum thread" and that is where it stops. Then it transits to direct forums, and never heard from again.

I thought the main reason for this forum (the main BHN forum) was for people to get self help, and one can't very well help themselves when everything gets shuffled off to a locked down direct forum.

Now, I do realize there is sensitive information transmitted through those threads, and can understand them being locked while the issue is being dealt with. However, once the thread is done, and the issue solved, it should be "declassified" and moved to an open forum or just be unlocked. Not posted to, but just read. Someone might see a problem they are having, and see "Okay, I need to contact BHN." or "Okay, I have this configured wrong. No need to call now."

Right now, I have a direct thread open for an issue. Once my issue is resolved, I plan to post what I can from that thread into the thread I originally started in the main forum. Maybe not the posts itself, but a summary.

/rant

EDIT: Correcting an oversight. Keep Calm and Carry On
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Did it ever occur to you that I might have tried calling and missed you...which is what happened. I ran out of time Friday and had to table it until Monday...

In the meantime you might want to tone it down just a bit....nobody forget you Neon...honestly if you were wondering or worried a simple inquiry on your direct post would have received immediate response.

You posted your IP at 21hrs Friday which is way past normal work hours but I tried to reach out to you anyway from home. I don't call customers from home normally and especially on weekends. When I couldn't reach you this got tabled until Monday. You have a couple of things going on...one I want to talk with you by phone the other will need a tech. That is the status at this moment.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Uhhh, perhaps you might want to re-read my post. I didn't say anything about you forgetting me, or the like. On that subject, I figured you were busy, since you do cover this entire board, and that you would get to me when you got to me. Wasn't bitching there.

If you are referring to the line "Then it transits to direct forums, and never heard from again." - I was referring to the individual topic. For example, the xbox live and ubee wireless modem. The OP says he has a problem, and it is quickly shuffled away to the direct forums.

It would be helpful if people posted back to their original thread, saying "Problem solved, and this is what had to be done."
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
For those wondering...

Our direct forums hours are:

Mon-Fri - 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m. EST with 5 hour max response on initial inquiry. Sat-Sun & Holidays – Same day no hour max.

Unless it is a very special case I do not call customers from home if a phone call is required it will be during regular business hours of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to neonhomer
said by neonhomer:

Uhhh, perhaps you might want to re-read my post. I didn't say anything about you forgetting me, or the like. On that subject, I figured you were busy, since you do cover this entire board, and that you would get to me when you got to me. Wasn't bitching there.

If you are referring to the line "Then it transits to direct forums, and never heard from again." - I was referring to the individual topic. For example, the xbox live and ubee wireless modem. The OP says he has a problem, and it is quickly shuffled away to the direct forums.

It would be helpful if people posted back to their original thread, saying "Problem solved, and this is what had to be done."

Neon this has been discussed before. Direct forums are private between the customer and the company. Upon completion IF the customer wants to share the outcome or experence they may do so hopwever we will not initiate this. It's purely at the discretion of the customer. Honestly doing so is not advised because what works for you in most cases will not work for others...like problems almost never have the same cause and all you do by posting said resolution is muddy the waters for the next customer.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
(facepalm)

This was not a rant about quality of service. I never mentioned anything about quality of service.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to neonhomer
"Right now, I have a direct thread open for an issue. Once my issue is resolved (if it is resolved), I plan to post what I can from that thread into the thread I originally started in the main forum."

I would say that questions the quality of service Neon.... bottom line it will be fixed and you know it will be fixed...I don't leave true issues unresolved...ever. Some take longer than others....just the way it goes but in the end I gitter done.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

1 edit

neonhomer

Premium Member

So noted...

I'm not dragging other QoS issues into this. It was supposed to be a simple rant about the direct forums.

I am editing the original post to remove that segment.

Keep Calm and Carry On...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Hey if there are other service issues I want to know about it...for now just include them in your direct and we'll talk about everything tomorrow.