how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

abrahavt

join:2012-11-04
Solon, OH

Newbie having trouble with incoming calls

I have trouble with cell signals in my house and my Android cell phone is constantly searching for a signal killing my battery. So I decided to try and use voip for my cell phone calls over wifi. I got a voip.ms account as well as an iNum and installed cSipSimple client on my phone and it seemed to register fine. I can make outgoing calls using the cSipSimple client but I cant figure out how to get incoming calls. When I call the 0118335100XXXXXXXX iNum number from a land line nothing seems to happen. What do I need to do to get my cell phone to ring? In cSipSimple I have enabled Use WifFi for Incoming calls and Always Available under Availability Profile. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but I am a newbie and any help would be appreciated.

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
said by abrahavt:

I have trouble with cell signals in my house and my Android cell phone is constantly searching for a signal killing my battery. So I decided to try and use voip for my cell phone calls over wifi. I got a voip.ms account as well as an iNum and installed cSipSimple client on my phone and it seemed to register fine. I can make outgoing calls using the cSipSimple client but I cant figure out how to get incoming calls. When I call the 0118335100XXXXXXXX iNum number from a land line nothing seems to happen. What do I need to do to get my cell phone to ring? In cSipSimple I have enabled Use WifFi for Incoming calls and Always Available under Availability Profile. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but I am a newbie and any help would be appreciated.

I believe cSipSimple only has the speex and G722 codecs set by default, which VOIP.ms doesn't support.

I have mine set to use GSM and PCMU/PCMA and I don't have any problems.