Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I appreaciate your feedback, but have my own concerns

I'm sad about your story, but Callcentric has had only ONE, two day outage during last 3 years and that one was due to Hurricane Sandy's destroy local telecom and power infrastructure of Lower Manhattan.

I understand that you might have problems, but those were NOT related to Callcentric because since coming up after the failure (1:00AM Nov. 1st) Callcentric doesn't have any down-time (as it used to be always).

Just NO down-time at all. I'm afraid that you may need to ask help from somebody who may take care of your equipment settings.

Speaking of DDOS - those were NOT issues caused by Callcentric, but rather caused by malicious people who tried their worst to destroy it. There are open cases with FBI and FCC. Those attacks are not over yet - they are still in full force. But they have not caused a down time of CC operations - rather a major nuisance to customers who need/must change settings of their equipment by following publicly available instructions on CC user's portal.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

4 edits

What I know is I could not connect to Callcentric at least 2 or 3 days per week starting in early October.

I could connect shortly after the flood, and Sunday morning (11/4/12) I could not connect once again.

Not sure why my equipment setting is at fault if it works fine one day and not another, but perhaps I am mistaken.

My DNS servers = 18.71.0.151 and 130.132.1.11
One is MIT and the other is Yale. I don't remember which is which.

Neither are default from ISP or router default, and came my way via one of Steve Gibson's apps, but I don't know how to test them for Callcentric.

If I missed something, let me know. I'd like to learn. I'm not going back to Callcentric's page as I've already ported out, but I am willing to learn from any mistake(s) I may have made.

Thanks

phones001

@ptd.net
We just ported over to callcentric on Nov 8th and have not been able to make or place calls consistently sense. Blew about $40 but spent way to much time with trying to get things working with them.

No support either.