spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oxymoron

join:2000-04-27
Ann Arbor, MI

[DVR] DVR schedule changes reverting back?

Let me try and explain this as short as possible.

If you have series set up to record and on certain nights (like tonight) both tuners are in use the third can not be recorded. If I manually go in and pick the third recording to record a few hours before the evening and instruct not to record the original show, it always reverts back and changing what I manually just set.

If I do it 15 minutes or so before its fine so I am guessing there is so kind of timed scan that continuously checks.

Anyway to stop this?
--
Just An EarthBound Misfit

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
I am on the S25 Guide for the SA/Cisco STBs and see the same problem. The only way I get around this is to delete the series recording entirely instead of just the conflicting episode. I have to remember to reschedule the series after the conflicting episode is recorded. Sometimes if the series airs daily, I select individual episodes of the series to record as a workaround.

Oxymoron

join:2000-04-27
Ann Arbor, MI
Even setting the priority higher in the dvr manager which in my mind should then let the 2nd level priority show that was missed be recorded the next airtime automatically doesn't work. It just skips the lower priority show completely even though it airs 2 hrs later.

Guess Tivo's programmers are just better.
--
Just An EarthBound Misfit