how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TJ_in_IL

join:2006-06-10
Winthrop Harbor, IL

Kerosene in Northern Lake County?

Looking for a gas station that sells via pump. The only place I could find was at the hardware store... $11.99 a gallon!
Anybody know where to get some?
Thanks in advance.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3

There used to be two stations here in Antioch that sell it. I can check if they still do and let you know in about two hours.

Chinabound
Premium
Antioch, IL
reply to TJ_in_IL

I didn't edit my last post because you may miss it if all you do is click on the updated post arrow.

Anyway - it used to be easy to find at the pump. Of the two stations I mentioned, one doesn't carry it (Grass Lake Rd & Rt. 59), and the other in downtown Antioch isn't even there anymore. So, coincidentally, I had to make a quick hop up to Salem, WI this morning where I discovered the Citgo station on the north side of Hwy 50, just before the high school has it at the pump for $4.499 (K1).
That's a great price!

Depending on the amount to cover your needs and that terrible price you encountered, it may be worth the 18 mile or so trip to you (one way). I strongly recommend coming south to 173 and turn north at US 45. Take that up to Hwy 50, turn left, and you will see the Citgo on the right when you come into town two miles later, just past the Subway. The pump is on the east side of the parking lot.
Hope this helps.

TJ_in_IL

Winthrop Harbor, IL

1 recommendation

Super Thanks!
I know exactly where that is, been past there a few times.
Looks like it is time to invest in a new torpedo heater.

Anybody want to buy a kerosene torpedo heater? LOL

Thanks again. Well worth the trip up there.

TJ_in_IL

Winthrop Harbor, IL

1 recommendation

reply to TJ_in_IL

Found some!
Thortons at Green Bay and Sunset- Waukegan $4.39/gal no tax/no dyes.

Chinabound
Premium
Antioch, IL

Thanks - that's good to know.