join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to nitzan

Re: CC Disaster

I don't know if CallWithUs still does, but perhaps Sohapkin can tell us that.

So does Voipo? PhonePower?

I honestly don't know (nor particularly care either way)....

----------------------------

It is interesting that you are using the term "server" and "geo location" interchangably.

That's what this whole debate is about, really. They are not the same, in my view.

Anyone can have a remote server looked after by someone else.

Which approach makes for a more stable life?

The sailor who has casual girlfriends in Newark, Norfolk, Miami, and Los Angeles....

....or the older guy who has a faithful wife in Boston, and that's it.

It can be argued both ways.

Yes, I am sure that CC will do something to get some out-of-town girlfriends.

The damn irony is, if not for this one particular unusual storm, this whole issue would probably never have come up for the rest of my life. I don't know about yours....

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits

said by PX Eliezer7:

I don't know if CallWithUs still does, but perhaps Sohapkin can tell us that.

So does Voipo? PhonePower? ....

The CallWithUs server info is in a direct link inside of the direct-linked post.
»Re: Where are the SERVERS ? - Summary

said by PX Eliezer7:

said by verix:

This ignores how most, if not all, voip customers expect providers to have such redundancies.

I never did.

I've used Voipo, Vitelity, FlowRoute, CallWithUs, and Localphone, without wondering for a second about that.

My guess is that most of [those] providers don't have it.

No one ever discussed it much until Voip.MS, and my impression is that they set their system up that way out of a deliberate strategy of differentiation....which was very effective for their growth....

So then here is the link to the complete thread again, covering many providers and where their servers are :
»SERVER & GENERATOR LOCATIONS

said by PX Eliezer7:

....The damn irony is, if not for this one particular unusual storm, this whole issue would probably never have come up for the rest of my life. I don't know about yours....

Might be true. - I posted a similar comment in my last reply to Iscream. - BTW, I am 58.