spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

internalaudi

join:2012-02-29

[Cable] When will Teksavvy Cable get 2 Mbps upload speeds?

I'm currently with Teksavvy but subscribing to DSL 16 Mbps but the upload speed using speedtest.teksavvy.com peaks at .67 Mpbs.

A Teksavvy competitor that services Oakville (Cogeco), Start Communications, has 30 Mbps download/ 2 Mbps upload
»www.start.ca/services/highspeed

Wondering when Teksavvy will be upgrading its cable internet service plans.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hi internalaudi,

I assume it will happen shortly, but truthfully, I just don't know.

I have asked internally to see if there is any updates on this topic.

Thanks,

Andre

internalaudi

Thanks Andre. Would be glad to stick with Teksavvy if the company bumps up its cable internet services without inflating the monthly fees.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to internalaudi
Not inflating monthly fees for something like this is largely dependent on Rogers. If Rogers decides to up its fees to its own users (in another somewhat negative billing fiasco), and applies to up its TPIA fees on the same basis to the CRTC, then it's unlikely that the TPIAs will be able to absorb such increases.

internalaudi

I'm in Cogecoland and the baseline I have would be Start Communications dsl/cable internet offerings, which is available where I live.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
Substitute "incumbent" for Rogers in my statement and it amounts to the same thing. At the moment, unless you are in Chatham, TekSavvy doesn't have cable offerings in Cogecoland. It's something they've been working on for a long time but from all accounts they haven't been the most co-operative bunch!

internalaudi

1 edit
said by sbrook:

Substitute "incumbent" for Rogers in my statement and it amounts to the same thing. At the moment, unless you are in Chatham, TekSavvy doesn't have cable offerings in Cogecoland. It's something they've been working on for a long time but from all accounts they haven't been the most co-operative bunch!

Thanks. Just wondering why Start Communications can offer cable service in my area (Cogecoland) while TSI can't.

I would understand if there were no competing cable internet service (reseller/distributor) besides Cogeco which owns the infrastructure but Start Communications is offering service in my area.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
We don't currently offer Cable in Cogecoland as we aren't on the Aggregated system. We currently use Non-Aggregated & only serve Chatham. We are looking into going the path of Aggregated, but now specific ETA's.

Martin

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to internalaudi
said by internalaudi:

said by sbrook:

Thanks. Just wondering why Start Communications can offer cable service in my area (Cogecoland) while TSI can't.

I would understand if there were no competing cable internet service (reseller/distributor) besides Cogeco which owns the infrastructure but Start Communications is offering service in my area.

Am I remembering right? I think I remember something about how Cogeco said the agg POI would be in one place, then moved it after TSI laid fibre?
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

internalaudi

reply to TSI Martin
said by TSI Martin:

We don't currently offer Cable in Cogecoland as we aren't on the Aggregated system. We currently use Non-Aggregated & only serve Chatham. We are looking into going the path of Aggregated, but now specific ETA's.

Martin

Thanks Martin