spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jhouston21

join:2004-12-17
Hampton, NH

Are Callcentric dirt-cheap DIDs presently operational?

Are Callcentric's dirt-cheap DIDs fully operational at this point in time? Are they unaffected by the Verizon outage affecting NYC?

Thanks.

josephf

join:2009-04-26
Are CC's dirt-cheap DID's issued by CC's own CLEC (like the Free New York DID's are)?

jhouston21

Hampton, NH
I'm under the impression that they aren't. I'm just wondering if switching from a "Free New York DID" to a dirt-cheap DID would remedy all issues related to the NYC outage involving the infrastructure operated by Verizon that CC depends on for the proper operation of the free DIDs.

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to jhouston21
As of this morning, mine is not. Depending on where the call originates from, it either returns a "could not be completed" recording, or appears to ring with no answer.

jhouston21

Hampton, NH
I went ahead and ordered a dirt-cheap DID for a customer who was using Callcentric for faxing. The customer confirmed that the new number is functioning fully.

Richie

join:1999-08-26
Tinley Park, IL
reply to jhouston21
Mine has been working since CC brought things back up after the got their power back up.

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA
reply to jhouston21
Mine too.

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to jhouston21
Whoops - I should clarify. My free NY DID is still down. It's not a "dirt cheap" DID.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
reply to jhouston21
dirt-cheap DID's working here on my side.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to jhouston21
Mine has been fine also since they came back up.

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
reply to jhouston21
said by jhouston21:

Are Callcentric's dirt-cheap DIDs fully operational at this point in time? Are they unaffected by the Verizon outage affecting NYC?

We've got three Dirt Cheap DIDs in my extended family. All came up fine when CallCentric's power came back up. Not sure how Verizon in NY would affect DIDs in Texas (or elsewhere).

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Their Dirt-Cheap DID program has been around for a few years, and is available in many states.

By contrast, the Free DID program is very new, and only offered in downstate New York.

So they are different products.

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
said by PX Eliezer70:

Their Dirt-Cheap DID program has been around for a few years, and is available in many states.

By contrast, the Free DID program is very new, and only offered in downstate New York.

So they are different products.

I understand that, but the OP didn't say "free NY DIDs" -- he used the term "Dirt Cheap DID." But maybe he was conflating the terms.

voipfan

join:2005-08-07
reply to jhouston21
Hi,

I think all the Callcentric FREE DIDs aren't working today. I finally figured it out.

If someone call your FREE DID number, they will hear the message
"You call did not go thru, please try call again...."

What happens then is very odd.

My ATA (PAP2) FAILs to register eventho it didn't ring..(it was registered BEFORE the DID call was made to it).

It won't register and it won't allow outbound call at all.
Have to manually recycle power. 5 mins later, it register again.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by voipfan:

Hi,

I think all the Callcentric FREE DIDs aren't working today. I finally figured it out.

If someone call your FREE DID number, they will hear the message
"You call did not go thru, please try call again...."

What happens then is very odd.

My ATA (PAP2) FAILs to register eventho it didn't ring..(it was registered BEFORE the DID call was made to it).

It won't register and it won't allow outbound call at all.
Have to manually recycle power. 5 mins later, it register again.

You are correct that the "FREE DID's" are not yet working. They are dependent on the local Verizon infrastructure to be operational and as far as I know, Verizon's equipment is still down.

So much for all that multi-million redundancy in the central office!

rollerblader7

join:2004-01-11
Burlington, ON
My free DID still gives ring-no-answer.

fparker

join:2008-04-28
Scarborough, ON
mine too (tel 347-817-xxxx)

dutchtender

join:2010-11-21
New York, NY
reply to jhouston21
I have two free did down. I guess nobody is complaining loudly that owns a verizon land line because they all mostly rely on wireless now?

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by dutchtender:

I have two free did down. I guess nobody is complaining loudly that owns a verizon land line because they all mostly rely on wireless now?

Not all Verizon landlines are down in the area... just ones out of certain COs. Given that a large number of these people have also been dealing with power outages, wireless phone outages, and other issues associated with the storm, it isn't surprising that you aren't hearing from them.

The only reason you are hearing complaints about the Callcentric outage in the first place is because it impacted all of their customers. If only some customers in the hardest hit areas would have been impacted, the discussion threads would be much shorter in length and much less heated.

dutchtender

join:2010-11-21
New York, NY
said by jimk:

said by dutchtender:

Not all Verizon landlines are down in the area... just ones out of certain COs. Given that a large number of these people have also been dealing with power outages, wireless phone outages, and other issues associated with the storm, it isn't surprising that you aren't hearing from them.

The only reason you are hearing complaints about the Callcentric outage in the first place is because it impacted all of their customers. If only some customers in the hardest hit areas would have been impacted, the discussion threads would be much shorter in length and much less heated.

it just seems so weird that all the free ny DIDs just happen to be some of the ones down at verizon. is that easily explainable?