dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Holycrap2
join:2012-11-05

Holycrap2

[Internet] Why is price increasing Jan. 2013?

Back in feb I was with Velcom then I saw a 50% promotion with Bhell Fibe16 for 26.97/12 months so on that now.

We have home phone and that bundle. Little note on the bill this month:

Internet

+++ Please note that effective January 1, 2013, the monthly price of your Internet service will increase by $3. At any time, if you have questions or wish to modify, extend, cancel or add services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355).

At least I have until Feb to switch unless they offer me another discount.

So what's the excuse for these increases now? Is their any other companies in Toronto that offer phone and internet with a bill that can be paid at the bank?
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3

It is the regular yearly Bell price increase:

- TV +$3
- internet +$3
- phone +$3
- long distance ... varies

So at least min $8 per month increase x 12 months = around $100 more per year for 3 products

Have fun while staying with Bhell!

AMailer
join:2004-04-03

AMailer to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
Excuse:

"This increase comes as a result of service and technology upgrades that we have made this year, in order to provide you with the best possible service. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, extend or cancel services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355)."

Which was provided in the e-mail notification.
Holycrap2
join:2012-11-05

Holycrap2

We didn't get an email notification.

fspilot
join:2002-03-19
Scarborough, ON

fspilot to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
Time to start paying for the CRTC saying no to the Bell/Astral merger....
maxboha
join:2012-05-12

maxboha to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
''This increase comes as a result of service and technology upgrades that we have made this year, in order to provide you with the best possible service. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, extend or cancel services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355)."

Explain me why i would need to pay for those people who received the fiber to the home upgrade, im still on 5 mbps dsl with no fttn.

FUCK YOU BELL !
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to fspilot

to fspilot
said by fspilot:

They would have raised them regardless. If that had gotten the go ahead, it would have been to actually FUND it!
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
said by Holycrap2:

We didn't get an email notification.

You'll probably see it on your Bill.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Holycrap2

Premium Member

to Holycrap2
Why? Because they can.

Simple as that, same like Rogers has their annual "spring rate increase" in April/May.

fspilot
join:2002-03-19
Scarborough, ON

fspilot to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
Here's a link:

»www.bell.ca/Residential_ ··· _updates
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
The hike for TV appears to be $6 since the base package is +$3 and for other packages another $3 as well.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to maxboha

Premium Member

to maxboha
said by maxboha:

''This increase comes as a result of service and technology upgrades that we have made this year, in order to provide you with the best possible service. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, extend or cancel services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355)."

Explain me why i would need to pay for those people who received the fiber to the home upgrade, im still on 5 mbps dsl with no fttn.

FUCK YOU BELL !

Note: Bell Internet 5 and Bell Internet 5 Plus are excluded from the price increase.

....I'm guessing if you're a Bell subscriber you're not affected?

Ozirix
join:2010-09-16

Ozirix to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
Fibe 50/50 too?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Ozirix:

Fibe 50/50 too?

Increases $3.00/mo.
Expand your moderator at work
maxboha

maxboha to nitzguy

to nitzguy

Re: [Internet] Why is price increasing Jan. 2013?

said by nitzguy:

Note: Bell Internet 5 and Bell Internet 5 Plus are excluded from the price increase.

Im on bell performance 7 mbps plan , but im reaching like 5-6 mbps

I read on the bell website, tv, phone and internet service will all get the 3 $ increase ... Anyone has a great phone company on cogeco/bell network?I know teksavvy resell bells phone line but some people said that it dosent work well

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin to Holycrap2

Premium Member

to Holycrap2
Chaque année tous les services augmentent chez tous les fournisseurs, c'est pas vraiment nouveau! Même que Vidoétron eux augmente 2 ou 3 fois par année.
maxboha

maxboha

said by Martin:

Chaque année tous les services augmentent chez tous les fournisseurs, c'est pas vraiment nouveau! Même que Vidoétron eux augmente 2 ou 3 fois par année.

Ca je peux comprendre, mais de faire augmenter les utilisateurs qui n'ont pas accès au ftth/fttn, surtout lorsque c'est la raison de l'augmentation , je trouve ca très moche.

Si j,avais accès au ftth/fttn, je chialerais pas ca ses sur , mais pour l'instant , bell on le monopole, cogeco ne sont pas compétitif.... 53.95 pour un caps de 80 gb 14 mbps, ca fais pitier...

Pour la télé, je crois que je vais aller me chercher une soucoupe direct tv et payer par electronic bill ( pour s'incrire il faut une adresse américaine mais on ma dit que on peux payer par cb canadienne ( corriger moi si je suis faux) )

Pour le telephone , le voip serais excellent sauf j,ai pas le gout que ma connexion lache chaque fois que j'ai un appelle parce que j'ai 0.38kbps de upload

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

1 edit

Jackorama to maxboha

Premium Member

to maxboha
said by maxboha:

said by nitzguy:

Im on bell performance 7 mbps plan , but im reaching like 5-6 mbps

I read on the bell website, tv, phone and internet service will all get the 3 $ increase ... Anyone has a great phone company on cogeco/bell network?I know teksavvy resell bells phone line but some people said that it dosent work well

The increase on phone is $2.03 and the long distance package is a $3 increase. So, this would be a $5.03 increase for the phone and long distance plan. I don't have a long distance plan, I use 10-10-YAK for how little long distance calling I do. And I never get charged an access fee for using it.

I have the same Bell internet package as you. I was over at the cogeco site comparing their internet 20 package with wireless and home phone. When Bell's new prices start, I can save $28.23 a month or $338.76 a year before taxes for the first 12 months with cogeco. After that it is a savings of $18.23 a month or $218.76 a year compared to Bell. Now, I know people have problems with cogeco, but people have problems with bell too. So, it's a gamble on if I will get good service or not.

Spent 2 weeks at my parents house taking care of their dog while they were away in the summer and they have all 3 cogeco services. I had no problems at all with the service. Enjoyed that the internet was faster than mine. So, I am strongly thinking of switching and going bell free.

Edit: I see some of the long distance packages are a $2 increase, just one is a $3 increase. Still, it's a hit in the wallet if you have a long distance plan with bell.

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to AMailer

Anon

to AMailer
With the monthly fees the Canadian subscribers pay Bell could also afford to make service and technology upgrades to every internet provider's backbone or infrastructure in every city in every country on Earth for the next 200 years. With plenty of money left over. I'd like to inform Bell upgrade costs have been on a constant decline while subscribers have been hit with constant increases. Some day the Prime Minister will step in when every Canadian has no job lost their house and can't afford to pay their internet bill.
maxboha

maxboha

said by ChuckcZar :

With the monthly fees the Canadian subscribers pay Bell could also afford to make service and technology upgrades to every internet provider's backbone or infrastructure in every city in every country on Earth for the next 200 years. With plenty of money left over. I'd like to inform Bell upgrade costs have been on a constant decline while subscribers have been hit with constant increases. Some day the Prime Minister will step in when every Canadian has no job lost their house and can't afford to pay their internet bill.

+1

rolling out fiber may be costly, but with 800 000 + subscriber i think they have plenty of cash /profits to do it.
frankmar
join:2005-08-26
Canada

frankmar

I don't mind cost of living increasing, but $8.xx is around 13% increase. In what part of the world are these guys living.

Looks like I will start playing the game again and take advantage of the new comer promotion.

1 year with bell
the following year with Videotron
the year after back with Bell.

dsa
@bell.ca

dsa

Anon

Why do that , just call and ask the offer they can give you.

XanderLo
join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC

XanderLo to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
People NOT on FTTN/FTTH should be exempt from this bullshit.
That e-mail pissed me off since it reminded me of Quebec's motto: "Pay for everyone else".

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to fspilot

Premium Member

to fspilot
said by fspilot:

Bingo
maxboha

maxboha to XanderLo

to XanderLo
said by XanderLo:

People NOT on FTTN/FTTH should be exempt from this bullshit.
That e-mail pissed me off since it reminded me of Quebec's motto: "Pay for everyone else".

J'ai dit exactement la meme chose que toi sur le post francais

Je crois que les gens qui sont sur l'adsl ou ceux qui n'ont pas accès a un service fttn stable n'ont pas a payer le cout de develloppement ( parce que l'augmentation est pour ca ) des gens qui ont recu le ftth

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

The Doctor to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
Not happy with price hikes do like always do call commplain about it.
You will be amazed how fast bell will offer something just to keep you as client.
I am getting tired bell hikes for them doing close to nothing for us.
Do not forget bell's top priority is their shareholders we clients do not really matter we are just tool to make them reach said goal.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to Holycrap2

to Holycrap2
I read on some French paper that when the reporter called Bell to inquire about the increase they blame it on CRTC !!!!

»www.lesaffaires.com/blog ··· e/550910

"- Comment se fait-il que je doive faire face à une augmentation, alors qu'on avait garanti les prix pour deux ans?

- C'est la faute du gouvernement et du CRTC, monsieur Pouliot, ce sont eux qui nous ont imposé ces frais et nous sommes forcés de les refiler.

- Bizarre, le courriel que j'ai reçu dit plutôt que c'est pour des améliorations faites par vous, pas à cause du CRTC ou du gouvernement.

- Il est aussi vrai que l'on a amélioré le service.

- Dans ce cas, quelle proportion de la hausse vient du CRTC et quelle proportion vient de vous?

- Je ne peux pas dire."

Bastards!!!

dsa
@bell.ca

dsa to The Doctor

Anon

to The Doctor
C'est comme les taxes scolaires et du transport.

vitesse
join:2002-12-17
Saint-Philippe, QC

vitesse to Martin

to Martin
said by Martin:

Faux, ça augmente pas a tout les ans chez les fournisseur de service indépendant. Seulement le Cartel augmente systématiquement le prix.

False it the price doesn't go up every years with IISP. Only Big company increase the price