share rss forum feed

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·Cooptel
reply to ChuckcZar

Re: [Internet] Why is price increasing Jan. 2013?

said by ChuckcZar :

With the monthly fees the Canadian subscribers pay Bell could also afford to make service and technology upgrades to every internet provider's backbone or infrastructure in every city in every country on Earth for the next 200 years. With plenty of money left over. I'd like to inform Bell upgrade costs have been on a constant decline while subscribers have been hit with constant increases. Some day the Prime Minister will step in when every Canadian has no job lost their house and can't afford to pay their internet bill.

+1

rolling out fiber may be costly, but with 800 000 + subscriber i think they have plenty of cash /profits to do it.

frankmar

join:2005-08-26
Canada

I don't mind cost of living increasing, but $8.xx is around 13% increase. In what part of the world are these guys living.

Looks like I will start playing the game again and take advantage of the new comer promotion.

1 year with bell
the following year with Videotron
the year after back with Bell.

dsa

@bell.ca

Why do that , just call and ask the offer they can give you.

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC
reply to Holycrap

People NOT on FTTN/FTTH should be exempt from this bullshit.
That e-mail pissed me off since it reminded me of Quebec's motto: "Pay for everyone else".

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to fspilot

said by fspilot:

Time to start paying for the CRTC saying no to the Bell/Astral merger....

Bingo

maxboha

Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·Cooptel
reply to XanderLo

said by XanderLo:

That e-mail pissed me off since it reminded me of Quebec's motto: "Pay for everyone else".

J'ai dit exactement la meme chose que toi sur le post francais

Je crois que les gens qui sont sur l'adsl ou ceux qui n'ont pas accès a un service fttn stable n'ont pas a payer le cout de develloppement ( parce que l'augmentation est pour ca ) des gens qui ont recu le ftth

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Holycrap

Not happy with price hikes do like always do call commplain about it.
You will be amazed how fast bell will offer something just to keep you as client.
I am getting tired bell hikes for them doing close to nothing for us.
Do not forget bell's top priority is their shareholders we clients do not really matter we are just tool to make them reach said goal.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
reply to Holycrap

I read on some French paper that when the reporter called Bell to inquire about the increase they blame it on CRTC !!!!

»www.lesaffaires.com/blogues/fran···e/550910

"- Comment se fait-il que je doive faire face à une augmentation, alors qu'on avait garanti les prix pour deux ans?

- C'est la faute du gouvernement et du CRTC, monsieur Pouliot, ce sont eux qui nous ont imposé ces frais et nous sommes forcés de les refiler.

- Bizarre, le courriel que j'ai reçu dit plutôt que c'est pour des améliorations faites par vous, pas à cause du CRTC ou du gouvernement.

- Il est aussi vrai que l'on a amélioré le service.

- Dans ce cas, quelle proportion de la hausse vient du CRTC et quelle proportion vient de vous?

- Je ne peux pas dire."

Bastards!!!

dsa

@bell.ca
reply to The Doctor

C'est comme les taxes scolaires et du transport.

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to Martin

said by Martin:

Chaque année tous les services augmentent chez tous les fournisseurs, c'est pas vraiment nouveau! Même que Vidoétron eux augmente 2 ou 3 fois par année.

Faux, ça augmente pas a tout les ans chez les fournisseur de service indépendant. Seulement le Cartel augmente systématiquement le prix.

False it the price doesn't go up every years with IISP. Only Big company increase the price
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX

XanderLo

join:2002-06-19
Boucherville, QC
reply to maxboha

said by maxboha:

said by XanderLo:

J'ai dit exactement la meme chose que toi sur le post francais

Je crois que les gens qui sont sur l'adsl ou ceux qui n'ont pas accès a un service fttn stable n'ont pas a payer le cout de develloppement ( parce que l'augmentation est pour ca ) des gens qui ont recu le ftth

Ca sent le EBOX par chez nous tres bientot. ;p

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to vitesse

said by vitesse:

False it the price doesn't go up every years with IISP. Only Big company increase the price

The independents have it tough with speed increases on cable and with high capacity charges there might be one soon unless the CRTC lowers rates for capacity soon.

maxboha

Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·Cooptel
reply to XanderLo

said by XanderLo:

Ca sent le EBOX par chez nous tres bientot. ;p

J'aurais bien aimé ca mais le cablo dans ma région c'est cogeco, j'aurai pas le choix d'aller chez teksavvy lorsqu'ils vont revendre le docsis 2 ( 14mbps) d'ici le mois de décembre. Sinon pour le dsl, 6 mbps ca ne suffit pas a toute la maison --'' .

Si un jour Ebox offrait du Mlppp ( sois 4 dsl 6 pour 20mbps) , ca ferais longtemps que j'aurais fait le switch !

fubell

@184.151.114.x
reply to fspilot

Exactly what I was thinking fspilot.

These huge companies with all their profits taking the belt to the consumer.

F U Bell

ddd3d

@teksavvy.com
reply to Holycrap

because they can.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to ns1225

said by ns1225:

The independents have it tough with speed increases on cable and with high capacity charges there might be one soon unless the CRTC lowers rates for capacity soon.

Regardless of speed increases, as traffic grows and peak capacity requirements grow, IISPs will have to raise rates or eliminate unlimited on wholesale services.

Its a classic margin squeeze play by the incumbents - they just have to wait it out.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

CINPOM

@bell.ca
reply to Holycrap

Bell is also increasing the phone by $ 2.03, So the bill is going up 5.03 plus tax they improved my network? where? The max speed I get 5, they haven't done anything in my area but I'm still paying

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

It's not about network improvements but in my opinion they are not gaining as many IPTV and Internet subscribers as they would like (Telus in comparison is killing them) and they want to keep their profit margin so they are raising the price.

Which is ironic, because if they priced fairly and started treating their customer base as loyal customers then they could maintain that profit margin.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to HeadSpinning

All i see is broadband rates falling year over year everywhere in the world except Canada.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

It's not about network improvements but in my opinion they are not gaining as many IPTV and Internet subscribers as they would like (Telus in comparison is killing them) and they want to keep their profit margin so they are raising the price.

Well because they are forcing the internet package with it, which many customers don't care for...

Hell i'd get their TV if were offered without internet... I'd just use another login for free internet hehe...
--

PRIUS

join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON

said by HiVolt:

said by mlerner:

Well because they are forcing the internet package with it, which many customers don't care for...

Hell i'd get their TV if were offered without internet... I'd just use another login for free internet hehe...

And that's the point, exactly! I know several of my neighbors who don't have a computer and, oftentimes, have said they would like to get Bell TV, however, they don't want to pay for a service that they cannot make use of (Bell Internet); they only want Bell TV. Why can't Bell offer TV without Internet?

Each time Bell comes to our building to demonstrate Bell Fibe TV, no one in the building signs up, because they ONLY want Bell TV and not Bell Internet. So Rogers gets all the TV subscribers.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Holycrap

Click for full size
After showing my in-laws that they are in for more increases comes 2013 they finally passed the point of frustration with Bell. We cancelled their internet service with Bell and got TSI DSL ordered.

Another thing that got them ticked was when I showed them how much they have paid for their DSL modem over the years at a rate of $4.95 per month. It was over $500 so far for that modem.

I really was just as upset as them because their overall monthly bills for three services from Bell are just downright scary.

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to PRIUS

said by PRIUS:

Each time Bell comes to our building to demonstrate Bell Fibe TV, no one in the building signs up, because they ONLY want Bell TV and not Bell Internet. So Rogers gets all the TV subscribers.

Eventually they'll have to cave in to pressure and offer TV without anything else.
I make it a point to always mention TV without any other service even though I have no intention to subscribe. They always act shocked or puzzled by the demand for some reason. It's like they've never heard of how cable TV billing works.

recluse1866

join:2005-09-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to Holycrap

In view of yet another impending $5 increase on top of an already outrageous internet bill, would it best for me to move to Primus or to Teksavvy?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by recluse1866:

In view of yet another impending $5 increase on top of an already outrageous internet bill, would it best for me to move to Primus or to Teksavvy?

I can't speak for Primus but what I've seen of their packages I wasn't impressed.

If you already have a wetloop then TekSavvy DSL is a no brainer switch based on cost and bandwidth usage. You could also check out Electronic Box/Distributel/Start.

Realist

@bell.ca
reply to Holycrap

The upgrades don't affect our service. But the price does.
Bell has a profit, but is making us pay.
Bell likes to dicker with us, we don't.
Is it any wonder why competition is needed now.

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON
reply to Holycrap

Got my bill today and there is no increase of $2.03 Jan. 1st on the phone, only increase to the pay-per-use features (I don't use). I guess it's because I have "Residence service" with no LD package not the "Home Phone package service".

But they did get me with $3 increase for internet on Jan 1st.

For that $3 they better speed up the loading times for their Account Management pages, thing is slower than molasses. But, it will most likely be going towards the development of their new homepage - "The Loop".
--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

I called bell few days back told them was planning cancelling all my services as could get cheaper and better services elsewhere.
I was offered very sweet deal by videotron and told them that and made them somewhat more compliant.

I fully intended to cancel and go with videotron if they not budge a little.Videotron deal is still better deal but not crazy enough to switch so close to december funny things happens so close to holidays.

They ended up transferrring to retention and got about 20$ worth credits.
So in my case their no price hike until next year.

Do not forget you have power over them not other way around.
Our money our choice:)

konowl

join:2011-04-04
Carleton Place, ON
reply to Holycrap

I'm grandfathered unlimited and I'm up $5 in January. Still get $10 off for bundle credit but wonder how long that will last.

GeoStar

join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5
reply to Holycrap

till the superyacht needs hightest again