dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from And why should the company do anything else?

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to elray

Premium Member

to elray

Re: And why should the company do anything else?

said by elray:

said by Bill Neilson:

Like the US, the company has been given the ability to price it whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. Well, they may have a few more restrictions with the EU but hell, it still is rather insane as shown by this price.

If they price it "whatever they want", and no one buys it, they will go out of business. The price represents what people are willing to pay this year.

Well no, many people like myself require their products as a way to keep our jobs due to demand from employers, employees, and customers.

I would love to cut off my phone/internet for other companies but sadly, I do not have that option. I only have 1 company to choose from.....GOOOOOO COMPETITION!
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by Bill Neilson:

said by elray:

said by Bill Neilson:

Like the US, the company has been given the ability to price it whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want. Well, they may have a few more restrictions with the EU but hell, it still is rather insane as shown by this price.

If they price it "whatever they want", and no one buys it, they will go out of business. The price represents what people are willing to pay this year.

Well no, many people like myself require their products as a way to keep our jobs due to demand from employers, employees, and customers.

Even if your belief was true, you are still choosing to pay for the phone service - paying only as much as you're willing, "to keep your job". Maybe you should look for other work, or turn the tables on the boss, and have him pay for it.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

said by elray:

Even if your belief was true, you are still choosing to pay for the phone service - paying only as much as you're willing, "to keep your job". Maybe you should look for other work, or turn the tables on the boss, and have him pay for it.

I wasn't really stating whether it was true or not....I know it is true as virtually every person I know needs the ISP at home for their jobs. Maybe some do not....but in my line of work and a variety of others, people need it.

I know that people online can say things like "Quit your job" or "Quit using any internet" as a jab on internet forums but in big-boy world, we do REQUIRE these things as a daily part of our life....and we can't afford to make a "statement" to our ISP's unless we have a 2nd choice.

If it wasn't a requirement and it was a "luxury"....I would have dropped in years ago.
This is a sub-selection from And why should the company do anything else?