All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
HaloMom
join:2010-10-15
Chesterfield, VA

HaloMom

Any hunters looking for the new stealthed hunter pets?

Either the RNG gods are good to me on this point or the spawn timers are a lot quicker than the 2-8 hour time frame stated. The only one that gave me any trouble was Portent the Armored Quilen, as he refused to spawn in blue the first few tries. I had no trouble finding Pattranache the pink crane, Savage the white tiger or Hexapos the Fen Strider. There are some other pets available but I am running out of stable room so I only went for the ones I wanted most. I still might try for the porcupine; I think his name is Bristleback. I would post pictures, but you know...work.

Portent has a battle rez and Patrannache does a hopping trick. I don't remember the Hexapos exotic ability, but he is freakin tall. In close quarters, he stands above my dwarf not on top of her. So she doesn't disappear inside the pet's body. That's a win right there.

As for track-ability, Portent and Savage were super easy with large prints. But Pattranache and Hexapos had tracks that were really hard to see and they went for some distances without leaving any. I just found a narrow place where they would pass and spammed flare until they came walking by. It didn't take long; I got both within 15-20 minutes.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

I am shocked and surprised. usually I hear about these things before it shows up here on dslr. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I do like that these are only visible to the hunter, and only flare can bring them out of stealth. I'm only slightly disappointed in no new spirit beast.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to HaloMom

Premium Member

to HaloMom
Interesting, now maybe spirit animals won't be so camped.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

At least there aren't any hunters trying to tame the Sha of anger this xpak.

because in Cata there were hunters that QQ'ed over people killing world bosses.

once I saw a hunter camping the one in twilight highlands, I asked what are you doing? he said we was going to tame the world boss that spawned there.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

lol.. That's so funny it's sad. I tend to hit the Beast lore when ever I encounter new mini bosses. If they are tamable, I try to remember their location, and to drop a pet off at the stable.

But I'm at the point where I like my "King Dredd" and my "Ghost kitty" [the one from the idols in the night elf region]. I also like Hooser [Or what ever that mini boss bear was I tamed].

I can't see rotating away from them, unless it's to use my scorpion or chimera.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to HaloMom

to HaloMom
Stumpy the blue-grey goat can be tricky since he double backs in a few places, I had the darnest time capturing him, thinking he going one way only to figure out he had doubled back, he is my favorite of the MoP pets 2nd place is the cat-Savage, but he was the easiest to catch, those are the only two i have tamed. I had to narrrow down my choices to only two MoP pets, since my stable is maxxed out now, I have every spirit pet and that took a lot of the stable slots.
HaloMom
Chesterfield, VA

HaloMom

Just an added note, if you decide to track one, the tracks go backwards. As in they are walking the direction the heel is facing. The prints also last exactly five minutes. So if you come across some it's a pretty good bet he's still around. Drop the flare when you think you may be a step or two ahead. When they un-stealth, mark them so they will stay visible. This is just in case you don't lose him if there are mobs in the area you have to deal with and because taming does not cause them to agro. They will keep walking and if the tame isn’t complete when they walk out of the flair you will lose it.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Wow...I guess I must have missed all of this. How do you get the tracks to appear - you turn on track beasts...??

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

They show up on the ground - provided you're a hunter. If you're not a hunter, you'll never see the mobs unless a hunter has tamed him already.
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to HaloMom

to HaloMom
sweet! i just got my hunter up to 90 and didnt know anything about this. Thanks Halo! What zone is the cat in btw?
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

Cats name is Savage found in Jade Forest, google him and watch the video for pathing, only hunters can see the paw prints and your best way to find is to be near the end of the path he takes and toss flares in front of the path to reveal him. taming is quick, you dont use trap its useless, just start the tame, pet will keep walking away, so your tame needs to be done before he gets out of range.

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2 to HaloMom

to HaloMom
Would it be benificial to use the corehound trick for a faster tame? I know when I was taming the spiders in the fireland dailies some were easier to tame if I popped corehound lust/hero and dismissed and started my tame.

I am not sure if tame is still aided by haste though, but it may be worth a try for anyone having issues keeping the rare in range to be tamed.
HaloMom
Chesterfield, VA

HaloMom

You don’t need any special mechanics to complete the tame. Just stand in front of him and turn as he passes. You will be able to complete the tame before he goes out of range. It’s when you stand behind and he is walking away that you may not have enough time. If you mark, it will give you time to get in a good position for taming.
As far as the tracks go, there is no mechanic to seeing them, just be a hunter.
HaloMom

HaloMom

For new 90s that want Portent, he will be phased out in the west if you have not started the Golden Lotus dailies. If that is the case, look for his tracks on the east side of the Vale of Blossoms. He starts/ends at the northern back corner of Mogu’shan Palace. But even if he is marked, he will phase out as he passes by the Tu’shen burial ground to the southwest.

Also, he spawns in four different colors, but will be whichever color you tamed. He does not color change every time he is summoned like the Worg from Northrend. It took several evenings of going to track him every few hours before he spawned in blue. You may need some patience to get the color you want.