DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to Nick D

Re: [Raiding] New LFR on the 6th, Questions about Gear.

said by Nick D:

said by Jobbie:

Is that what we get at the end of the legendary quest chain?

The quest chain awards of a Legendary gem with +500 stat (as Dark noted), that can only be slotted into a Sha-touched socket, which only appear on weapons from Heart and Terrace (LFR included, though).

There is apparently a way to buy additional gems once you finish the quest, so that you can upgrade with impunity.

ya but I think the gem is unique equiped (sorry dual wielders)
I think they're doing the replacement gem something like the ashen verdict ring.

so ya if you slot it into the LFR version don't worry, you'll still be able to get one to put in the reg or heroic version.

BTW the elite weapon had a blue socket not a sha touched.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

The "Elite" tag is a harder mode for one fight in ToES (first fight I think).

It's a council fight where you can kill the bosses in any order (very much like Iron Council in Ulduar). If you kill one specific guy last, you get "elite" drops, which are a half-tier up. That works on both normal and heroic.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Oddly in the Dungeon journal elite weapons are showing up in the LFR table.

is that boss in the first 3 or last 3 bosses?

wowhead was making me think maybe it was for the 25loot but I don't think they've split the 10 and 25 locks yet.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Its in ToES, which won't have a split LFR. All 4 bosses in one "wing", or whatever you want to call those.

Unless you're saying that HoF has an Elite weapon in it .... which I was not aware of.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Yep I'm saying loot tables show an elite weapon in HoF. and it doesn't have a sha-touched socket (just a blue one)