robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to eagleknight

Re: Concrete cracks -Revisited

That's what I would use -- diamond blade dry.

edit -- Diamond wheels last a long time, even dry. No need for an air compressor either. Cheap electric grinder works well for this.

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:2
Thanks Robbin.

Looks like a Harbor Freight trip for a grinder is in order.

averagedude

join:2002-01-30
San Diego, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

decorative coating
Once you have all the concrete filled...
Have you thought about decorative concrete coatings like the attached picture (that I borrowed from Google search images).

Even a garage epoxy style coating will cover up the repairs.

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:2
reply to robbin
Grabbed a grinder that was on sale at Harbor Freight and a wheel at home d. Last night I did some research on materials and I found Quickrete has a resurfacing product with polymer in it that can be used for repair and resurface. Grabbed a bag of it at lowes.

My plan is to undercut the crack, and then rinse it out. Mix up the concrete repair as per label for a mortar mix and fill the crack then top it and brush the finish to help blend it.

I know it's not the be all end all fix as some day I'll have to replace the slab.
--
"Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth. Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar."
J.E.H.