how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fred

@shawcable.net
reply to Shaw_Alex

Re: [BC] Nelson shaw customers overpaying for something they can

Will this also affect Castlegar? I have been wanting to get Shaw phone but it's not available.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to oven
I don't know when Broadband 250 will be available, but it is absolutely part of the plan with this new fibre line.
Step 1 is solving the existing problems.
-Alex

oven

join:2012-11-07
Nelson, BC
reply to Shaw_Alex
I'm interested in a comment you made on in your post:
"We are in the final stages of bringing fibre from Calgary that will not only alleviate the saturation customers are experiencing but also provide our customers with all of next level services we’re able to offer in other regions."

Does this mean Shaw will be offering packages such as Broadband 250 here upon completion, "worst case scenario by mid February"? High upload speeds are something Telus lacks in this area.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to dualsport
Hi everyone,
I wanted to jump in and provide a bit of information regarding the slow speeds issue in the Nelson area.

For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Alex and I’ve been part of the Shaw Social Media team for a few years now. I've posted here in the past, but my main focus is on Facebook and Twitter. I work closely with Sean and with the launch of our own community, he's asked me to help out with the Shaw questions on DSLR.

We are in the final stages of bringing fibre from Calgary that will not only alleviate the saturation customers are experiencing but also provide our customers with all of next level services we’re able to offer in other regions.

We estimate this new connection will be available as early as mid December 2012, and worst case scenario by mid February. I’ll be sure to provide some updates as we enter December on how things are coming along.

We appreciate the patience of our customers who are currently experiencing degraded internet speeds, and we look forward to a resolution.
-Shaw_Alex