Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
reply to ITALIAN926

Re: Overcharging for Cable TV

Where I am is 33 dollars a month for 20 channels (they advertise it as more but its music channels)

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Yes, they have overhead, and they are in the business to make money. Carriage fee's go up, prices go up for customers. Over the last decade, what prices have come down?

If people feel its too expensive, dont buy it. Quite simple.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
said by ITALIAN926:

If people feel its too expensive, dont buy it. Quite simple.

<sarcasm>But I have a god given constitutionally protected right to cheap cable tv! It's as important as running water to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.</sarcasm>

You're right on the carriage fees. Our small'ish cable company has rates that are remarkably similar to Time Warner and Comcast. Of course, they are a LOT easier to deal with, their customer service blows TWC/Comcast out of the water, but that's a different discussion...

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
reply to ITALIAN926
I'm pretty sure that is what the OP said.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to ITALIAN926
That's where big people like comcast can drive prices DOWN!!! They can tell abc/disney either lower their fees or lose 42 million customers and 200 million homes passed.
This NEVER happened back before 1996 when they de-regulated cable. Congress needs to re-regulate cable. Cap their prices so people aren't paying $150 to $200 a month.