Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

[Rant] TWC Local on the 8's

How many areas have a very unreliable "Local on the 8's" on The Weather Channel?

Here in Schaumburg, for a good 2-3 years, it's been unreliable. It often doesn't trigger at all, even though the bottom overlay keeps running. Even more fun, like now, it's starting 20-30 seconds late, running over the opening of the next section!

Also, I often see the bottom overlay still running over commercials and obscuring text.

(There is another thread to complain about Lot8 on TWC-HD).

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Same problem on the Romeoville system.
--
Yesh

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA
reply to andyross

it happened to my area's IStar about a few months and i had to email someone from TWC for them to fix it.

but recently i saw there was a section on a fan site called TWCToday that is dedicated to these types of things so the real TWC Star Team could read it and usually resolve the problem swiftly.

here's the link if you want to try posting there »twctoday.com/forums/weatherstar-···support/

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

I've posted on that site and in the past, the problem was resolved. Seems the problem has been fixed as of yesterday on my system.
--
Yesh

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to andyross

Anyone get the HD local on the 8s yet?

gt1racer

join:2008-11-19
Fall River, MA

Haven't gotten a reply from TWC or Xfinity Boston about the IS2 coming here, but i could try shooting an email to both and see if there is any new update on progress.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

Not yet here in Monmouth County, NJ.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

I've not seen it yet in my area.

Though, I have to admit, I used to visit local on the 8's a lot to catch the current weather. Now that TWC has morphed into a reality network, it is far easier for me just to check out accuweather on the internet.

Also, the time I did see HD local on the 8's, the voice-over was done by Jim Cantorey. His voice is probably the worst for regular weather voice-overs, as he does not know how to talk without making it seem like there's a crisis occurring.

So, bottom line, I'm not particularly fraught with anticipation about HD local on the 8's.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

you're right about cantore. I don't think I've seen him in-studio in a while. He's always talking about storms or in a storm. Maybe all that storm stuff has him talking like there is always a storm.