how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

royhandy

join:2012-11-05
USA

[Connectivity] Trouble With Connection and Customer Support

I'm getting between 7mb and 11mb down on various xfinity speed tests. Ups are fine.

Speedtest.net shows between 1.9mb and 2.13mb down and 3.2 up.

Real world shows a 350MB file requiring 1.25 hours to download.

1st CSR says my speeds are fine because she goes by the Xfinity site's report. 2nd CSR says my neighbors are also reporting an issue but he wants me to create a trouble ticket since they won't fix the problem unless at least four tickets are open. Seriously? The CSR can see that there is a signal issue and that I am not the only person in my neighborhood who is reporting a problem but they won't do anything about it until four tickets are created. Just great.

This is the exact same reason why I left VZ 3 or 4 years ago. Connection goes to shit and no one gives a rat's ass. The sad thing is that my previous contacts with Comcast CS were superlative. Spoke to an American, got straightened out and cruising along in mere minutes.

Stu Pidaso

join:2006-10-12
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
said by royhandy:

I'm getting between 7mb and 11mb down on various xfinity speed tests. Ups are fine.

Speedtest.net shows between 1.9mb and 2.13mb down and 3.2 up.

Real world shows a 350MB file requiring 1.25 hours to download.

1st CSR says my speeds are fine because she goes by the Xfinity site's report. 2nd CSR says my neighbors are also reporting an issue but he wants me to create a trouble ticket since they won't fix the problem unless at least four tickets are open. Seriously? The CSR can see that there is a signal issue and that I am not the only person in my neighborhood who is reporting a problem but they won't do anything about it until four tickets are created. Just great.

This is the exact same reason why I left VZ 3 or 4 years ago. Connection goes to shit and no one gives a rat's ass. The sad thing is that my previous contacts with Comcast CS were superlative. Spoke to an American, got straightened out and cruising along in mere minutes.

So... Do you have a speed issue? 7 to 11 would be great if you have economy internet.

As far as the speed test you really should go by the Xfinity site. I have a 100/100 here at work and have had some test show 15 down and 7 up.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to royhandy
said by royhandy:

Seriously? The CSR can see that there is a signal issue and that I am not the only person in my neighborhood who is reporting a problem but they won't do anything about it until four tickets are created. Just great.

So, you can be 1,2,3 or lucky #4. somebody has to start somewhere and they offered you the chance.
actually systems that require X complaints to trigger a response are common, the difference here is they told you the truth. So man up and call again.