spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deathstalkr

join:2010-12-22

Item Level Strangeness

I recently started leveling a monk because I got tired of doing dallies. To the point, I don’t understand the odd item levels I have been seeing on toons in the low 80 range. I’ve seen tanks at level 80 with around 115k HPs. I just don’t understand how this is possible when I was sitting at like 25-30k. When I inspect them I see some greens (understandable) but then there are rare items that have an item level of over 400. What... Are... You... Doing... Blizz.

Seems unacceptable to me when you see those item levels drop 88-90 (I think) range for intro quest items.

The toon I seen had a name of Hamner. I forget his realm but he was a prot paladin.

In the end, the system seems broken. It’s also discouraging when I’m getting globaled in BGs by toons. Granted these are usually in the 83/84 but getting easily two shoted isn’t a fun game IMO. I regularly see toons well above 100k HPs at level 83/94. Likely in MoP greens, understandable.

Maybe BLIZZ thought it appropriate to put some items in game to reach item level caps for dungeons easier. Dunno…

*Of note: currently lvl 82.

Thoughts?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

And something is preventing you from getting those pieces of gear?

I don't see the problem.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Deathstalkr

Level 90 is all that matters. Giving people over-powered items to get there faster is fine for most.

Deathstalkr

join:2010-12-22

1 edit
reply to Jobbie

Jobbie, in short yes. I can't get those pieces because I'm wearing leather on this toon. Are there equal items in leather, maybe? I did a quick search on wowhead the other day and only found 3 pieces of leather with a max level of 80 (item level above 400) and they were from MoP quest with a required level of 85, I think. So I have no means to obtain an item level that high at level 80. Broken system.

I'm currently websensed and maybe someone could pull his armory and verify the item levels.I do recall seeing at least one with over 400 though. I only caught a glimpse of him as he was chain pulling dungeons (I got randomly queued three times with him on two different days).

Nick, I agree though no need to sit at 80. Just something I noticed while tyring to rush to 90.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

There is a 36 items on wowhead on the 80-83 ranged that are 400+ ilevel, and come mostly from drops, 80 -85 goes so fast that I don't think is something to worry about just burn those levels and join in the fun.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

I searched leather, 78-84 and 400+ and only see 8 total items in the list. Did you search other armor types as well? All of the items I see are BOE drops too which means going the AH route for them most likely. The same search for plate (the prot paladin he mentions), I see 16 items but not all of those would be appropriate for prot of course.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

There is a 36 items on wowhead on the 80-83 ranged that are 400+ ilevel, and come mostly from drops, 80 -85 goes so fast that I don't think is something to worry about just burn those levels and join in the fun.

I love these pieces! I ahve bought 6 (various armor types and one trinket) for less than 500g on the AH and sold them for between 1500 - 2200g. I did keep the trinket for my Shaman, on use it restore more mana than I currently have.

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Deathstalkr

One word. *Crafted*
Ilvl 415 Rare Blues are Proc related specials
Ilvl 384 are the Green equivalents.

So you will look for Misthide sets in the Rare Blue flavor on the AH.

Weapons can be had to, though they do not Proc from Green to Blues like Armor. (I think shields do but your a Monk so not relevant)
Also the Crafted Weapons are all lvl 85. Although there are "hidden" weapons now in Pandaland that spawn like Silver Rares.......

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Deathstalkr

If Crafted items are to much, look to Green Vendors in MOP land. The Greens vendors are all over.

www.wowhead.com/search?q=Adventuring+Supplies

There are two others not in this list also.

»www.wowhead.com/npc=62737

»www.wowhead.com/npc=56406

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

I totally missed the part about lvl 82. Although the greens are available, the same type thing happens when you go from Wrath to Cata content.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

1 edit
reply to Deathstalkr

There is a slew of 415 ilvl blue gear for lvl 85s. But having it for below that in pre cata BGs where a lot of people have WotLK ilvl 160ish ivl questing greens.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I've also had blue ilevel 450s drop where the minimum level was 85. I was expecting a couple thousand, but it turns out 5 or 6 of the same item were already on the AH for only 300g.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.