Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to maxboha

Re: [Internet] Why is price increasing Jan. 2013?

said by maxboha:

''This increase comes as a result of service and technology upgrades that we have made this year, in order to provide you with the best possible service. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, extend or cancel services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355)."

Explain me why i would need to pay for those people who received the fiber to the home upgrade, im still on 5 mbps dsl with no fttn.

FUCK YOU BELL !

Note: Bell Internet 5 and Bell Internet 5 Plus are excluded from the price increase.

....I'm guessing if you're a Bell subscriber you're not affected?

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·Cooptel
said by nitzguy:

Note: Bell Internet 5 and Bell Internet 5 Plus are excluded from the price increase.

Im on bell performance 7 mbps plan , but im reaching like 5-6 mbps

I read on the bell website, tv, phone and internet service will all get the 3 $ increase ... Anyone has a great phone company on cogeco/bell network?I know teksavvy resell bells phone line but some people said that it dosent work well

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

1 edit
said by maxboha:

said by nitzguy:

Im on bell performance 7 mbps plan , but im reaching like 5-6 mbps

I read on the bell website, tv, phone and internet service will all get the 3 $ increase ... Anyone has a great phone company on cogeco/bell network?I know teksavvy resell bells phone line but some people said that it dosent work well

The increase on phone is $2.03 and the long distance package is a $3 increase. So, this would be a $5.03 increase for the phone and long distance plan. I don't have a long distance plan, I use 10-10-YAK for how little long distance calling I do. And I never get charged an access fee for using it.

I have the same Bell internet package as you. I was over at the cogeco site comparing their internet 20 package with wireless and home phone. When Bell's new prices start, I can save $28.23 a month or $338.76 a year before taxes for the first 12 months with cogeco. After that it is a savings of $18.23 a month or $218.76 a year compared to Bell. Now, I know people have problems with cogeco, but people have problems with bell too. So, it's a gamble on if I will get good service or not.

Spent 2 weeks at my parents house taking care of their dog while they were away in the summer and they have all 3 cogeco services. I had no problems at all with the service. Enjoyed that the internet was faster than mine. So, I am strongly thinking of switching and going bell free.

Edit: I see some of the long distance packages are a $2 increase, just one is a $3 increase. Still, it's a hit in the wallet if you have a long distance plan with bell.

--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."