spc
uniqs

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to DocDrew

to DocDrew

Re: Bad Gateway

said by DocDrew:

That doesn't mean the gateway is busy. It means the card management processor may be configured to put ICMP on a lower priority or the card manager is busy, but that frequently doesn't affect the packet passthrough on the gateway to another router.

So, it's busy tending to other higher priority requests. Before Sandy, the gateway answers within 30 ms anytime of day. How can you explain that?

Again, though it could be private addresses are blocked at the WAN port of your home router.

Like what I've said, the gateway has been responding everytime before the storm and as far as my network, the gateway is always seen as a public ip(68.xx.xx.xx).

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

So before Sandy it was 30ms, now it's not responding? In between there was a large power outage. Patterns of usage have changed and software may have automatically been updated once the power came up.

During large power outages, IPs maybe shuffled and reassigned.

There are far too many things that can change to rely on a single posted trace route to really troubleshoot. All we're doing right now is guessing.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

2 edits

bluepoint

Ip's being reshuffled didn't happen at least here. We lost power for 3.5 days and I was surprise when the power came back the DHCP server gave me the same IP. It's like winning the lottery.

All you're saying are guesses, I want a factual answer and I posted to get an answer and not to argue. I want to know why the gateway used to ping 30ms and now answering @2000ms or not at all.