share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Simba7

Re: Verizon thought...

said by Simba7:

said by 88615298:

Ok they'll remove it and your $200 Galaxy SIII would be $300. Is that worth it to you? Companies make money by installing bloatware they aren't going to remove and not get that money back somehow. So be careful what you wish for.

You're already spending $200+(CostofServiceperMonth*24) anyway.

..which would be around $2500-3000 for 2 years.

How does paying for your monthly service have to do with anything? When you buy a car you still have to pay for gas.

jauman

join:2001-12-06
Kent, WA

Since the total cost of the contract is now $2700 vs $2600 (contrived $100/mo plan as basis), the percentage increase is ~4% over the life of that contract.

Since folks will enjoy that difference (unbranded) over that time, that's why the longer-term analysis resonates more with some of us.

The upfront device cost is but one component of the overall, and I, like apparently Simba7, consider the total cost more than the isolated device price.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by jauman:

Since the total cost of the contract is now $2700 vs $2600 (contrived $100/mo plan as basis), the percentage increase is ~4% over the life of that contract.

Since folks will enjoy that difference (unbranded) over that time, that's why the longer-term analysis resonates more with some of us.

The upfront device cost is but one component of the overall, and I, like apparently Simba7, consider the total cost more than the isolated device price.

I'm not sure what language all that gibberish was. The fact is If pressured to remove bloatware companies will find ways to make that revenue back somewhere else. To think otherwise is being both naïve and obtuse. I'm not sure why anyone would argue that.