uniqs
share rss forum feed

OverrRyde

join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

dd-wrt and unotelly

Hi guys, i'm trying to configure unotelly service with my ddwrt following the instructions from unotelly but it is not working.

I have setup the DNS servers under DNSMasq but still unable to get a functioning service.

Has anyone had this problem before and have a solution? All im finding are the instructions from unotelly

Thanks!

G1dd1ty

@start.ca
Have you enabled DNSMasq and Local DNS?

OverrRyde

Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by G1dd1ty :

Have you enabled DNSMasq and Local DNS?

enabled DNSMasq, disabled Local DNS, as per unotelly instructions

»help.unotelly.com/solution/categ···0-dd-wrt

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to OverrRyde
ignore all their damn crap. I had to do this yesterday.

It's really easy I made a screenshot for ya.

You have to change your connection type to IP static leave all the settings alone and just input the DNS you want to use into static DNS 1 click on apply settings at the bottom of the screen and you're good. no idea if changing your setting to static IP will give you issues in future.

Make sure whatever device you want to use you reset after the fact or it won't pick up.

OverrRyde

Waterdown, ON
reply to OverrRyde
not sure if gonna be a prob, i need to do pppoe!

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by OverrRyde:

well you could put your log-info right into the modem I guess and get around that. ok try it under Network Address Server Settings (DHCP) that is on the same page and put in to the static DNS 1 and see what happens.

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to OverrRyde
said by OverrRyde:

Hi guys, i'm trying to configure unotelly service with my ddwrt following the instructions from unotelly but it is not working.

I have setup the DNS servers under DNSMasq but still unable to get a functioning service.

Has anyone had this problem before and have a solution? All im finding are the instructions from unotelly

Thanks!

Did you reconnect to enable the new DNS server?

OverrRyde

Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

said by OverrRyde:

well you could put your log-info right into the modem I guess and get around that. ok try it under Network Address Server Settings (DHCP) that is on the same page and put in to the static DNS 1 and see what happens.

That worked, under DHCP settings!

Thanks!