Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yurimaster

join:2009-09-28
Alexandria, VA
reply to yurimaster

Re: Need email server support for Xeams

I have a fios business account with no restricted ports with a static connection. My sonicwall firewall allows TCP 25 and port forward is active on it so as port TCP 143

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
is the sonicwall using enhanced or standard OS?

did you run the wizard for a public server?

when i went from standard OS to enhanced OS there were a few additional things i needed to do before i got email working.

running the wizard in enhanced mode created a few rules that i did not create. i believe they were NAT rules.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
The sonicwall is enhance OS and I manually create the firewall rule my self and forward the port just like i do with others. NAT rules are created.
I have 4 Team Fortress 2 game servers, a web server on port 80, FTP 21, TS3 voice server. I can see packets and traffic going in and out of 25 and 143 in my sonicwall. My Sonicwall is a TZ210 with OS SonicOS Enhanced 5.8.1.5-46o
»www.xeams.com/

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL
said by yurimaster:

The sonicwall is enhance OS and I manually create the firewall rule my self and forward the port just like i do with others. NAT rules are created.
I have 4 Team Fortress 2 game servers, a web server on port 80, FTP 21, TS3 voice server. I can see packets and traffic going in and out of 25 and 143 in my sonicwall. My Sonicwall is a TZ210 with OS SonicOS Enhanced 5.8.1.5-46o
»www.xeams.com/

run the public server wizard, i did all the same things you did and couldn't get it working until i went through the wizard.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
Ok Im going to run the public server wizard, do I have keep pop check even though I won't be using it?

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
reply to tomdlgns
Ok I just use the public server wizard for mail but again I can receive but not send out. I think it must have something to do with the domain settings on the server or the mail server it self since it doesn't know where that domain is or where to send...

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL
reply to yurimaster
if you check pop, it will create a rule for pop, so dont check it if you dont want it, but you can close/disable that port if you left it checked.

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL

2 edits
reply to yurimaster
have you configured the email server to send out?

the email server doesnt need to know where your domain is and when you send email out your server wont know where it is, that is for the internet/DNS to decide.

it sounds like the relay/smart host isnt configured all the way for outgoing email.

edit-

these links might help

»www.xeams.com/configuringrelay.htm

»www.xeams.com/TroubleShootingOutbound.htm

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
Now that makes since, I didn't configure my email server to sent out, let me educate my self and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for those links.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
reply to tomdlgns
No luck, it is set to close relay and I put my server's IP addy of 192.168.100.2 as the only one but I can't send out from outlook. My outlook client is out side my network FYI

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL
what port are you using in outlook to send out?

before you start testing from outside the network, test from inside the network. can you send out using outlook from a PC on the same network the email server is on?

testing from outside the network will require additional configuration (usually a VPN connection into the network hosting the email server) and more ports open in the firewall. my company only allows sending email outside the network when we are connected back to the network with a VPN client.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
The mail server is at my home and the outlook client is at work. The mail server is on a DMZ subnet with only one machine on that subnet which is the mail server it self. I'm using the outlook client at my work for this email. The purpose of this email is so that I can give out email accounts to anyone out on the net. Those admins on my clan will have their email account with our domain name. The clients can be any where in the world.

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL
if the mail server is at your house, where is the sonicwall and static IP? is that at your house as well? or is that at the office with the client outlook PC?

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
The sonicwall is at my house with a fios business static, the mail server is in the DMZ subnet off the sonicwall.

tomdlgns
Premium
Chicago, IL
if the mail server is in the DMZ, you shouldnt have to open any ports.

with that being said, what port are you using in outlook for outgoing server (i have asked this a few times already).

thanks.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
accident double post

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
reply to tomdlgns
For the outgoing server it is using port 25. It's on default settings.
I also know that the server is getting the message when I sent to other domains. I can see all the messages from the web interface admin panel on the server it self. It is just not leaving the server from there.