Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to Dustyn

Re: Windows 8 anti virus Norton 2013 or something else?

Hmm. I guess they don't call aggressive for nothing. That seems like a bit munch since I have other users on this machine as well. Looks like I will have to keep it off in my case or experiment. Stupid question. If it deletes things say a nasty in general. I see no quarantine place or a option to restore possible false post file/files?

**EDIT**

Found quarantine under Advanced.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
You should see "Quarantine" above... it's in the "Advanced Tab" of the GUI. Or just right click your NIS sys tray icon and choose "Recent History". After it loads change the drop down option to "Quarantine".
EDIT: Good. I see you found it.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Toolbar Disabled
Thanks Dustyn for continuing to help me and answer my questions. Really appreciate it. I don't know if the toolbar is of any help or does anything. But, mine is disabled and says its not compatible with Firefox 16.0.2 Personally I am not a fan of them. But, don't know if I am missing part of the protection? Also. Silent Mode. Is that for gaming or something? I do play games online and wondering if that is what its mainly for.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Toolbar Disabled: Features Enabled!
Silent Mode is for gamming and full screen applications like DVDs and Blu-rays. You might notice the NIS sys tray icon change to an altered state just after coming out of a full screen application before changing back to the familiar state.

You may have to run Live Update! quite a few times and reboot if it asks you to. You have to keep re-running Live Update and rebooting until there are no more updates that require a reboot. After doing all that you should be set... and you should also have full NIS Toolbar compatibility with the latest Firefox. I enable the toolbar features while hiding and disabling the toolbar altogether in IE9.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP