share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn

Re: Windows 8 anti virus Norton 2013 or something else?

Click for full size
Toolbar Disabled
Thanks Dustyn for continuing to help me and answer my questions. Really appreciate it. I don't know if the toolbar is of any help or does anything. But, mine is disabled and says its not compatible with Firefox 16.0.2 Personally I am not a fan of them. But, don't know if I am missing part of the protection? Also. Silent Mode. Is that for gaming or something? I do play games online and wondering if that is what its mainly for.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Toolbar Disabled: Features Enabled!
Silent Mode is for gamming and full screen applications like DVDs and Blu-rays. You might notice the NIS sys tray icon change to an altered state just after coming out of a full screen application before changing back to the familiar state.

You may have to run Live Update! quite a few times and reboot if it asks you to. You have to keep re-running Live Update and rebooting until there are no more updates that require a reboot. After doing all that you should be set... and you should also have full NIS Toolbar compatibility with the latest Firefox. I enable the toolbar features while hiding and disabling the toolbar altogether in IE9.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP