spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thebjhale

join:2012-11-05

1 edit

[AZ] Intermittent packet loss since DOCSIS 3.0 rollout?

A few weeks ago, Cox in my area rolled out DOCSIS 3.0, and sent out an email about scheduled downtime. Since the rollout, my connection has gotten progressively worse.

Most of the time, everything is fine, however intermittently I get periods of packet loss that can last anywhere from 10 seconds to several minutes. Tech Support has been useless, as they never see an issue.

This error comes up constantly in my SB5101's logs and often but not always correlates with the periods of packet loss.

3-Critical T001.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

My signal seems to be within the ranges, and when I had a tech out several months ago for a different issue, he verified nothing is wrong with my wiring and there was an incorrect filter placed on my line which he removed.

Downstream SNR 39.4 dB
Downstream Power -0.5 dBmV
Upstream Power 40.7 dBmV

I have tried connecting my modem directly to my computer, however the problem persists. Any clue on what the problem is? and how can I get it fixed?

Ran a line quality test: »/pingtest/caaa···/2958904

Atomic Dog

join:2011-11-01

If you have an old docsis 2 modem (which you likely do), the best thing you can do is go to a cox store and get a new modem.

You will have superior performance and burst speeds.

thebjhale

join:2012-11-05
reply to thebjhale

Got on the phone with Cox support. This time I got someone that knew what they were doing. They looked at my modem, and instantly told me there was a bunch of noise on my line, and they could see that my modem was constantly resetting.

I don't know what it is with cox tech support, some phone techs know what they are doing, others just seem to read from a script.

Now I have a tech coming out to track down my noise issues.