spc
Search similar:

uniqs
NLiveris
join:2001-11-25
Chicago, IL

NLiveris

yes! I love this sort of news

Is it safe to assume they'll remove that horrific "Apps" app that always needs to run in the background on my phone 24/7?

From a end-user experience standpoint, why would you want to confuse customers with pre-installing so many competing apps? MOG music, Slacker, Play Music, wtf is all that? My Maxx reminds me of those old E-machines with their endless bloat. Say what you want about Apple, but at least they've got their shit together by standing up to network operator's sleazy tactics. I personally enjoy the complexity and utility of Android but Verizon shoveling all their garbage and logos all over my phone is an obvious attempt at a cheap cash grab. Wait and see, I'm sure their marketing team are busy as beavers trying to concoct a new vcast App store removal surcharge.

Imagine if Comcast required you to put a sticker of their logo on the side of your computer. haha
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by NLiveris:

Is it safe to assume they'll remove that horrific "Apps" app that always needs to run in the background on my phone 24/7?

yes they will. Also you CAN disable it right now assuming you have at least Ice Cream Sandwich on your phone.