Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I have grandfathered turbo at 15/1 -do I get a price break?

I signed up for Turbo right before Oceanic TWC discontinued the 15/1 tier. I am not happy with it because I don't get anywhere near 15 down and I am paying $10 a month more for a small increase or no increase in speed.

So, what happens when Standard gets 15/1? Does that mean $10 is knocked of my bill each month? Or do I get current Turbo for 20/2 for the extra $10?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

A friend of mine currently is paying $36.95 for "Standard Internet" and an extra $10.00 for "Turbo Internet Upgrade 15mbps" (that is what it says on her bill).

Now, TWC can do whatever they want, but I don't see them doing nothing. If they did, I know a LOT of people would drop the Turbo and save themselves the extra $10 each month for the same speed. This in turn would cause TWC to loose $10 a month on a lot of customers.

I would think that something would change for those on turbo. Hopefully, they bump up that tier (to 20mbps or 25mbps?) and keep collecting the extra $10 a month. I feel that would be fair.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
I just sent an email to someone at Oceanic TWC who should know and, if he doesn't, he'll find out quickly. He's out of the office a lot though and I got a "out of office" auto reply back which isn't helpful as it says he will be back on "August 2, 2012".

15/1 no longer exists though....at least not here. I got it just before Oceanic stopped selling it so I am on a grandfathered plan. Turbo currently is 20/2 and TWC announcement said nothing about that tier also being upgraded. In Hawaii, the only folks who have Turbo at 15/1 are those grandfathered in who did not move to the 20/2 tier when that was introduced at $20 a month more than Standard tier and $10 a month more than what had been Turbo (15/1).

I agree TWC will lose money if they do nothing except raise Standard to 15/1. I too will revert to Standard if that is the case. But here, there are not many on 15/1 since it is grandfathered as of last August 1 and no new customers could sign up for it . So, TWC may do nothing. I don't think the money lost if they do nothing would be significant ...at least not in my division.

I think they should make current Turbo at 20/2 only $10 a month more than Standard...not the current $20 a month more. I don't think it is worth that. Or keep the $20 a month more than Standard and up the speed to 25/2.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson