Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsmaster

join:2008-03-16
Montreal, QC

How much do you pay for you grandfather high speed unlimited

Bonjour a tous / Hello

Juste par curiosité, avec toutes les hausses de tarifs ces dernières années, ceux qui sont grandpérisés au 5Mbiuts illimités, vous êtes rendus a combien par mois ?

How much do you pay now for whom have the grandfather unlimited highspeed 5mbits ?

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
Moi je dit 60 et + ( je le sais pas )

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to jsmaster
No longer have it now, but just before I cancelled earlier this year it was up to just over $80/month after tax (Ontario). That's not much less than 25/7 VDSL with unlimited on TSI.

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by decx:

No longer have it now, but just before I cancelled earlier this year it was up to just over $80/month after tax (Ontario). That's not much less than 25/7 VDSL with unlimited on TSI.

80 month for 5mbps unlimited, that was ridiculous lol

Do we live in Zimbabwe ? Seems like, price are hiking up, for people that dosent have access to the fiber to the home ....

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to jsmaster
From what i've heard around town these people work three fulltime jobs.

byebyebell

@videotron.ca
70.95$ plus location du modem (4.95$) plus taxes .... très très cher... j'avais beaucoup trop de choses sur mon e-mail @sympatico.... mais j'ai réussi à tout vider alors bye bye Bell....

Rilly

join:2007-10-26
reply to jsmaster
120 /month for 12/1 (Business High Speed)... I notice the Business high speed has caps now as well (300 GB/month)

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to jsmaster
$70.95 + $4.95 modem lease - $5.00 HSLD discount +13% HST = $80.12
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to decx
said by decx:

Finally got my dad to switch, but his was ~$80/m also. Insane!! They just keep increasing the price to piss people off enough so they'll get rid of it since they can't force you off.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by yabos:

said by decx:

Finally got my dad to switch, but his was ~$80/m also. Insane!! They just keep increasing the price to piss people off enough so they'll get rid of it since they can't force you off.

If you have a home office, you write it off as a business expense. Higher cost = larger refund.
--

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
said by DKS:

If you have a home office, you write it off as a business expense. Higher cost = larger refund.

That's true. But the decrease in refund is only a percentage of the Bell's higher prices. Given significant difference in prices between Bell's offering and the equivalent tier from independents, in most cases, you would be better off saving the difference than earning the increase in income tax refund resulting from the higher deduction.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by decx:

said by DKS:

That's true. But the decrease in refund is only a percentage of the Bell's higher prices. Given significant difference in prices between Bell's offering and the equivalent tier from independents, in most cases, you would be better off saving the difference than earning the increase in income tax refund resulting from the higher deduction.

Depends. Sometimes there are other writeoffs involved. And as I have had the same e-mail address for eighteen years, why change?
--

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
said by DKS:

Depends. Sometimes there are other writeoffs involved.

Hence my "in most cases" reference. But for the average small business increasing expenses to increase a subsequent tax deduction isn't a good idea.
said by DKS:

And as I have had the same e-mail address for eighteen years, why change?

Really should consider your own domain and free hosting with Gmail. That way you control your own email address and get more reliable email than Bell's MSN service.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by decx:

said by DKS:

Depends. Sometimes there are other writeoffs involved.

Hence my "in most cases" reference. But for the average small business increasing expenses to increase a subsequent tax deduction isn't a good idea.
said by DKS:

And as I have had the same e-mail address for eighteen years, why change?

Really should consider your own domain and free hosting with Gmail. That way you control your own email address and get more reliable email than Bell's MSN service.

As my CA says, "Everyone is different". This works for us and works very well.

I am quite happy with Bell's service. Over the years it has been exemplary. I have no need for a personal domain.
--

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Rilly
said by Rilly:

I notice the Business high speed has caps now as well (300 GB/month)

The business plans on Cogeco have a cap too.

They just don't enforce it.

Is Bell enforcing caps on the business side?

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

MrDisco1

join:2009-04-15
Starting January I would have been been paying $85 and change for my grandfathered high speed Ultra unlimited package.

No more I say. Bell finally pushed me over the edge.

I just called in to cancel my Bell service and will be switching to TekSavvy. Unlimited, faster connection, and cheaper (for as long as it lasts anyway).

I'm so disappointed with Bell. God speed to those remaining with them.