spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gregeriah
@bhn.net

gregeriah

Anon

modem rebooting

so for the past few months my modem has bin rebooting when i download large files and ive had a few tech guys com out but they dont seem to know whats going on..... my plan is 30 down 2 up

ill throw this in here it might help:

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 4.71.251.149.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 2407 Kbps.
Downstream: 23654 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 2352 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 3033-4084 KB;
Shaping rate: 9930 Kbps.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I can fix this....open a direct forums thread and include your IP address so I can take a look at your equipment.
gregeriah
join:2012-11-05

gregeriah

how do i open a direct forums thread?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to gregeriah

Premium Member

to gregeriah
»/fo ··· sedirect
camaroz
join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL

camaroz to gregeriah

to gregeriah
I just went through this same thing, for a few months. Most of the time, whenever I'd download a large file for any more than 30 seconds or so, the modem would reset. The logs only showing that the modem was going into and not recovering from "ranging mode" The simple solution, upgrade to lightning. By chance, the home office offered to upgrade me at a discount. Since then, the problem has been completely solved.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by camaroz:

I just went through this same thing, for a few months. Most of the time, whenever I'd download a large file for any more than 30 seconds or so, the modem would reset. The logs only showing that the modem was going into and not recovering from "ranging mode" The simple solution, upgrade to lightning. By chance, the home office offered to upgrade me at a discount. Since then, the problem has been completely solved.

Sharing your experience is a good thing however I need to caution you and the original poster that in MOST cases similar appearing problems are not related and nor are the solutions. In short what worked for you may not work for others and in this case can create a false expectation that results in a soured relationship between the customer and the company. The OP is encouraged to reach out to me and I will make sure the proper diagnosis and fix is applied.