Search similar:

uniqs

NeedATA
@204.45.133.x

NeedATA

Anon

Looking for good ATA (VOIP)

Hello,

I am looking to purchase ATA for my VOIP service.

What would you recommend, what is popular\affordable now?

What is the difference between Gateway\Router ATA and ATA with only one port, adapter only?

What is the best place to buy?

Thank you!

joeblow3
join:2000-12-27
h0h0h0

joeblow3

I have one of these i will sell you:

»www.bridgat.com/linksys_ ··· 231.html

NeedATA
@204.45.133.x

NeedATA

Anon

Price is?

How old is it?

Is it better then Cisco SPA112 ?

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

The SPA2102 has been replaced by the SPA122. The SPA112 is a SPA122 without a built-in router. I can vouch for the SPA112, it's a great little unit.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to NeedATA

to NeedATA
Maybe ask on the VOIP Tech Chat forum. Alot of the posters there recommend the Obihai Voip Routers: obi100 / obi110 / obi202:
»VOIP Tech Chat

VOIPATA
@184.151.114.x

VOIPATA to NeedATA

Anon

to NeedATA
»VOIP Hardware

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

I don't think Obi is available at any local stores here in Ontario? (correct me if i am wrong).

I might get this today as well:
»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=045506

Is this good price ?

This one doesn't have router or anything, it should be connected to switch\router, correct? like HT701?
CanadianGuy
join:2012-05-28
Nepean, ON

CanadianGuy to NeedATA

to NeedATA
If you are looking to order an Obi for use in Canada you can get one here:

»www.digitalcon.ca/obistore/

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to squircle

Premium Member

to squircle
said by squircle:

The SPA2102 has been replaced by the SPA122. The SPA112 is a SPA122 without a built-in router. I can vouch for the SPA112, it's a great little unit.

I've had a lot of stupid little annoying issues with the SPA112s I have here at the shop. They works the majority of the time, but it's nowhere near as reliable as the SPA2100 I have at home.

I have an Obi202 sitting on my shelf to replace one of the SPA112s we have deployed, I just haven't had the downtime to do it.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

Issues you are having are with the latest firmware?

SPA122 i would like to try, if it doesn't work well or it starts giving me issues i can always return it back to the store in the first 15 days or so.

I would have to connect SPA122 to my router correct?

»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· dex.html

For some reason on the image it says ATA with Router. (Not sure what it means for ATA)

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I've had far less issues with the latest firmware, but the thing will still randomly reboot occasionally sometimes even in the middle of a call. Using G.729 makes all of the issues even worse so we've stuck with G.711.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

I see, Thanks Gone for heads up.

Is this ATA Locked or Unlocked? I was reading on some sites i found on google, some ppl say its important that ata is unlocked.

What is the difference, could you or somebody else please explain.

In case this ATA is not unlocked, can i unlock it?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Locked is the exact same idea as a cell phone. You buy (or are given it) it from a company, and can only use it with that specific company.

Unlocked means you are free to use it with anyone you chose.

If you buy the SPA112 or SPA122 from a place like Canada Computers it will most certainly be unlocked. If you buy it from Fleabay or Kijiji you're taking the word of the seller as true.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

Thank you Gone!
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron to CanadianGuy

to CanadianGuy
said by CanadianGuy:

I got an Obi about 2 weeks ago. Love it. Works perfectly with the service that I have for VOIP.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by daeron:

I got an Obi about 2 weeks ago. Love it. Works perfectly with the service that I have for VOIP.

I find the on-the-actual-Internet-based configuration exceedingly annoying, but I haven't exactly had a chance to play around much with it either.
daeron
Ottawa

daeron

said by Gone:

said by daeron:

I find the on-the-actual-Internet-based configuration exceedingly annoying, but I haven't exactly had a chance to play around much with it either.

I'd agree, it's slow but...you can turn it off and just configure it locally if you want.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

I've had far less issues with the latest firmware, but the thing will still randomly reboot occasionally sometimes even in the middle of a call. Using G.729 makes all of the issues even worse so we've stuck with G.711.

Could this be the problem for you too?

»supportforums.cisco.com/ ··· /2170061

From the post (forum)

" The reboot was caused by the SPA112 trying to update it's firmware from the PBX server.

Setting the Upgrade Enable to No has stopped the device rebooting, and it has now been up for 4 days + "

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to joeblow3

Premium Member

to joeblow3
said by joeblow3:

I have one of these i will sell you:

»www.bridgat.com/linksys_ ··· 231.html

Thats the one I got worked good for me the last year. Think it was 55 bucks at canada computers. I like the idea of a 2nd line you can do with it.

op if you already got a router and just want it for the home phone you don't need one with a router built in. One the one or two ports thing will with 2 ports you can have two phone number. Exp you can have your home phone on one port and a business phone on the other port.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52 to daeron

Premium Member

to daeron
said by daeron:

said by CanadianGuy:

Why does it say to connect Obi to wall jack?

»www.obihai.com/features- ··· -up.html

Shouldn't Obi be connected to Router\Switch, and phone to Obi, thats it?

Noob here for VOIP, i have it for couple of days only.
daeron
Ottawa

daeron

It depends what Obi you got. Some models can act as routers as well. It depends on your setup too.

For me, I have mine connected to my phones in the basement (I have a newer home, all the networking/phone lines come into the same panel), which then connects into my router. I gave it a dedicated IP on my router, setup QoS to give priority to that IP and away I went.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

Well, i was going to get that Cisco, but, after reading more i think i will be getting Obi.

I was looking at:

I think i should get OBi202 since i would like to have my fax connected to it?

So, it will work like this:
Obi to Switch\Router, Panasonic phone to Obi, Fax to Obi thats it?:D
daeron
Ottawa

daeron

Yup.
BTW that's where I bought mine too
I recommend you look over the FAQ's at the Obi site just to get yourself familiar with the setup. There are some phone codes you need to punch into enable disable stuff.

You can control it from a web interface (it's easier to figure out than the local setup). You just need to sign up here with a user/pass

»www.obitalk.com/obinet/

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

Thanks.

Total price would be $106.78

OBi202 + Shipping (2 days) + Tax.

Is it really worth it? Is there any other better solution for the money?

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

RobThompson to NeedATA

Premium Member

to NeedATA
I have been using an Obi 110 here in Montreal since February 2012 and have had zero problems - it just works!

In March 2012 my friend had one delivered to his condo in Florida and I set it up for him using Teamviewer. In April he cancelled his POTS line there and has been on the Obi ever since with zero problems.

I recently bought and Obi 202 to give it a try - again, zero problems. *** But, take note, the Obi 202 does not have a 'Line' port as the Obi 110 does.*** This means that the Obi 110 can be used for VOIP & also be connected to your POTS jack. This is useful if you want to try VOIP before cancelling your POTS line altogether. The Obi 100 does not have a 'Line' port either.

I have been testing Voip.ms, Anveo.com & Acrovoice.com as service suppliers - they all are great. Acrovoice.com does it all for you and is a little more expensive but you do not need to know anything about VOIP or ATA's. Voip.ms & Anveo.com are 'roll your own' suppliers so, you must setup the Obi by yourself - no Phd required. The Obitalk.com forum is great and you can get all your answers there. They also have great tutorials etc on their web site.

An Obi ATA is a no-brainer.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member

damir52

Premium Member

Just ordered OBi202.

Should arrive in 2 days.

Thanks all.
damir52

damir52

Premium Member

" Item out for delivery "

This will be fast

Ordered yesterday, it will be delivered today, nice!

BC to ON in one day, not bad