spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Should wireless carriers use home Internet connections?

Only if I get a discount for utilizing my own internet connection that I pay for.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Ha! They'll charge YOU an interconnect fee! We're talking about the never-miss-a-nickel phone companies here.

Could this have been the incumbent carriers plan all along? Let DSL die, quietly sell FIOS to someone else and let everyone go to cable. Now the shoe is on the other foot. My crystal ball tells me that soon, Brian Roberts will repeat Ed Whitacre's rant about "using my lines for free!".

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
Just keep your phone turned off and send them money and everything will be ok, kapish?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to SimbaSeven

MVM

to SimbaSeven
If they start doing this ISPs also have to start providing a level of quality of service to home Internet connections. After all, if that same carrier is partnered with or happens to own a mobile company, they're not going to want their network to perform badly. That means cutting down on congested cable nodes, congested DSLAMs, etc, and configuring the carrier-end routers to avoid playing games with the data on a line.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to SimbaSeven

Premium Member

to SimbaSeven
I really would not mind doing this, however last I looked, Verizon was charging $250.00 for their network extender.

Let me see here: I am providing them a "cell site", providing the power to operate, paying for back-haul, etc, and I have to pay them for the hardware?? Because they can't /won't provide service???

What am I missing?

skreed
@cox.net

skreed to SimbaSeven

Anon

to SimbaSeven
Sure, like the $10/GB they charge us.