[Sci-Fi] 11/5 Episode of Castle

You gotta check it out, way too fun
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg

Premium Member

the look and his tone, [when they figured out what the murder weapon was] was priceless

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Castle has the best director in television. The premise of the show isn't anything new or original but it's always a fun watch because of the writing, acting, and directing.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

1 edit

Varlik to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
A Laaazer Blaster
wait.. you have a double bladed lightsaber?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

1 edit

darcilicious to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Castle has the best director in television.

This particular episode is directed by Jonathon Frakes (of ST:TNG fame...) -- that should be a very big clue clue as to why folks here might want to tune into this episode

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

1 recommendation

seaquake to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
Watch Castle every week with my wife. Started watching Homeland onDemand when the DVR popped up that there was an issue (Castle and Evolution record at the same time and apparently I can't use onDemand at the same time). Exited homeland to the Castle episode on the main tuner. Had a WTF moment and then realized what was going on. Only watched a few minutes. Hoping to watch tomorrow night with my wife.
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

1 recommendation

beavercable to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
There were many Firefly references this episode. My favorite being when he mentioned a Joss Whedon show that was really good.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I was bummed there was no malcolm reynolds reference in that episode. Though he did drop josh whedon's name.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
I often wonder as to how much ad libbing goes on.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to beavercable

Premium Member

to beavercable
said by beavercable:

There were many Firefly references this episode. My favorite being when he mentioned a Joss Whedon show that was really good.

They've done quite a few Firefly references on Castle.

In season 1, Castle was hosting a costume party and he walked out of his bedroom wearing the complete Browncoat outfit from Firefly, even twirling his guns. His daughter said, "Didn't you wear that outfit a couple of years ago?" Castle replies, "I like this outfit." His daughter says, "Move on" and he goes back into his bedroom and changes costumes.

I forget which season, but there was an episode that had them in an area of New York populated by asian immigrants. They tried to question some bystanders but the people only spoke Chinese. Castle holds a quick conversation with them in Chinese. Beckett gives him a weird look and says, "When did you learn to speak Chinese?" Castle says, "Oh, that's from an old TV show I used to like."

There have been a few others but those two made me laugh out loud.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

There's the old list for the references

»blastr.com/2011/02/7-fir ··· -fil.php

And I still haven't started watching this season. Waiting for it to end to see it all back to back. I hate waiting a week for the next episode. :\

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

sempergoofy to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Just finished watching it having recorded to the DVR on Monday. Always watch Castle but this episode really endeared itself with the tongue in cheek cleverness.