spc
uniqs
jezzy
join:2011-10-14
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

jezzy to Pat_Qc

to Pat_Qc

Re: Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

same here, was 30/2 and now max 5MB/sec.. upload is fine at 2MB though. ping at 40..

ghostly57
join:2011-08-22
QC, Canada

ghostly57

Guys (and/or girls), I don't know what problem you're having because I'm doing juste fine here in Gatineau. Maybe subs on the faster tiers only are getting slow speeds.

george2020
join:2012-10-26
Laval, QC

george2020

Maybe it is Time to put a complaint to the CRTC

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to jezzy

Premium Member

to jezzy
If any of you are still having problems with the speeds please post in the direct forum here: »/forum ··· avdirect and we can look into this further.

Thank you,
Keith

aah
@videotron.ca

aah

Anon

said by TSI Keith:

If any of you are still having problems with the speeds please post in the direct forum here: »/forum ··· avdirect and we can look into this further.

So teksavvy can tell them once again, they bought an "up to" service?

I used to wonder how Bell employees could sleep at night. Now I wonder the same about teksavvy employees.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Due to us having an Aggregated service with Videotron, if slow speeds were the case, then all users across the Videotron footprint that use our service would have the same problem.

From the looks of this thread, it doesn't seem like it's wide spread everywhere. Has Videotron started to do maintenance recently?
Cyborg994
join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC

Cyborg994 to aah

to aah
There is no up to bulls*** on cable. You are supposed to get what you pay for (copper length has no impact on line speed with cable, as it does with DSL). There was a Teksavvy issue up to a few weeks ago, that they were aware of and working on, and is now fixed.

I assume that Teksavvy is asking this question so they can investigate node-level (local to a specific area) congestion, which does happen sometimes on cable. Since Teksavvy does not manage this part of the network, they need feedback from consumers to detect and have Videotron fix this kind of problem. As I just said, they have no visibility on these issues directly.

So instead of giving crap to Teksavvy over this kind of request, please try helping them helping you. They need this information (the address of users) to inform Videotron of the issue and engage them to fix it. BTW an issue like that affects users whichever ISP they are using (odds are Ebox and Videotron users have the same problem), personally I trust Teksavvy more to get this resolved then Videotron customer services drones...

- Cyb

Packet Loss
Packet Loss
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Guelph, ON

Packet Loss

Premium Member

wtf is happening with the Cable in Montreal... speed up and down from 3Mbps to 0Mbps... DEAD reboot. same shit!
frosted
join:2012-01-25
h0h0h0

frosted

I don't know, every page I go to takes like 15 seconds to load, everything is slow as hell.

The latency seems to be alright though.

aah
@videotron.ca

aah to Cyborg994

Anon

to Cyborg994
said by Cyborg994:

There is no up to bulls*** on cable. You are supposed to get what you pay for (copper length has no impact on line speed with cable, as it does with DSL).

Well I'm glad we agree.

However, You might want to tell Teksavvy that as they played with this poor girls head:
»Re: Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)
"We do sell the service as an "Up To"

Some things, like this "bulls***" (as you call it) needs to be out in the open for the people to see what TSI employee's are saying and doing to people. But I think it's condoned to try and save a dollar.