Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird

Re: Full System Backup in Windows 8

said by Blackbird:

Lots of unexpected or unpleasant things happen on the way to a released product... this might be one of them. Which is why I said keeping Win7's backup tools may have been the "easiest" way to get full-backup capability - and keep the Win8 end product more or less on schedule...

In what way it an "unpleasant thing" for Microsoft to keep the functional cloning program from a previous version of Windows ? I'm not trying to be facetious, but I completely missed your point.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by SipSizzurp:

said by Blackbird:

Lots of unexpected or unpleasant things happen on the way to a released product... this might be one of them. Which is why I said keeping Win7's backup tools may have been the "easiest" way to get full-backup capability - and keep the Win8 end product more or less on schedule...

In what way it an "unpleasant thing" for Microsoft to keep the functional cloning program from a previous version of Windows ? I'm not trying to be facetious, but I completely missed your point.

Sorry for perhaps being unclear. I was aluding to a possibility that "unpleasant" or "unexpected" things can happen in a development cycle that force a change in plans. In this case, I was referring to a possibility that integrating full backup into Win8's new backup scheme might have produced some negative results, and the fallback position might have been to employ Win7's scheme so as to have at least some full-backup capability. As I said, it's purely speculative on my part, but it "feels" as if something of this sort might have occurred, since Win8 was perfectly willing to plow all sorts of new wholly-integrated ground with no reference to earlier MS OSs.