share rss forum feed

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

3 recommendations

OT: Slow down and have a safe winter.

This does happen all the time. It's graphic so not for kids....unless they are drivers.

»www.youtube.com/embed/oFkw5JFOmHk

We had our first snow today and the roads are slick. Drive carefully everyone!!

Ralph.

natedj
Elected
Premium
join:2001-06-06
Columbia, SC
Wow!
Those dash cams are getting very popular. It looks like some of does drivers where itching for a wreck and wanting to take someone else out in the process.
--
Good judgement comes with experience...Experience comes after bad judgements

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
They're very prevalent in Russia, at least partially due to insurance scamming by pedestrians.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjj-1L6qeOc

--
Photos By Greg Strong

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to rcroning
I promise to slow down ... as soon as it snows.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to rcroning
I hate to sound like the oldster I am, but life itself is going too fast these days! That said, driving is just one of those things, and it's scary out there, folks. Even without snow, horrendous accidents occur all the time, due to mostly non thinking, non-caring others. Even stepping out into the street in a crosswalk is no surety that all is going to go well. In one of those images at the start of that film, a woman stopped out, walking in front of a car stopped, and was almost hit by one in another lane. No way could that driver see her! One stupid move like that could lead to an easy death. And, as far as not being for kids that don't drive, aren't they often times the ones doing the dangerous the crazy stuff within a car driven by someone else, figuring nothing will happen to them? Hey, we don't get snow/ice/black ice here on our streets, but we do get slick streets due to rain and oil not mixing. The result is the same.

I think everyone, yet to drive or driving, or even an oldster, should see images like this film portrayed. And your plea to stay safe should be heard by all and hopefully will resonate.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to rcroning
the whole world needs to slow down and take time to smell the Roses'
--
Just another day in Paradise

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
said by badd:

the whole world needs to slow down and take time to smell the Roses'

I can't multitask . . . it's a TBI issue.

--
November is National Epilepsy Month