Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Melissa2009B

Premium Member

to Melissa2009B

Re: [Connectivity] Trying to use PhonePower on Comcast HSI - not

said by Melissa2009B:

No, their replies, while completely inane, have not ( yet ) suggested dumping PhonePower for theirs.

But I'm also having problems faxing out over this too, so don't know what the heck to do now. We THOUGHT we could save money and dump CenturyLink, who was charging us $72 a month for a "Banana Republic" unreliable land line. But this aint working out very well instead and we NEED reliable service for our home business!

Not sure what the other choices are now. Drop PhonePower and just use the cell phone for all calls?

But we still have Ring Central too and they lose attachments when we try to fax out using them.

This stinks and we don't know what to do now. Costing us money for crummy non-solutions, either way.

If you are having problems with voice calls, faxes are going to be next to impossible.

I have not had any problems at all with my RingCentral fax service (except for occasional delays with transmitting the fax to the final destination...not unlike the occasional delay when an email gets stuck in the pipeline). I always use the RingCentral pseudo printer driver instead of trying to send individual documents as attachments, so perhaps that is the difference in our experience with that.

Your current predicament is one I am familiar with and I can empathize. In my own case, I am fortunate enough that currently my Vonage VoIP service does work reliably over my Comcast connection for voice service. But that is mostly just the luck of the draw, and if my Comcast connection were to start having lag and jitter problems that caused VoIP problems, I doubt that even being a business class customer would make any difference in Comcast's efforts (or lack thereof) to fix that problem.
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B

said by NetFixer See ProfileIf you are having problems with voice calls, faxes are going to be next to impossible.
[/BQUOTE :

Arghh.

I have not had any problems at all with my RingCentral fax service (except for occasional delays with transmitting the fax to the final destination...not unlike the occasional delay when an email gets stuck in the pipeline). I always use the RingCentral pseudo printer driver instead of trying to send individual documents as attachments, so perhaps that is the difference in our experience with that.

How do I get one of those? I've been doing email to fax and it seems to lose the attachments that way.

Your current predicament is one I am familiar with and I can empathize.

This is an old and tiring game that gets played, whenever you mix competing services. They point fingers at each other and no one will fix it. It's disgusting and I wish I could do without them both.

In my own case, I am fortunate enough that currently my Vonage VoIP service does work reliably over my Comcast connection for voice service. But that is mostly just the luck of the draw, and if my Comcast connection were to start having lag and jitter problems that caused VoIP problems, I doubt that even being a business class customer would make any difference in Comcast's efforts (or lack thereof) to fix that problem.

Yup.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Melissa2009B:

said by NetFixer See ProfileIf you are having problems with voice calls, faxes are going to be next to impossible.
[/BQUOTE :

Arghh.

How do I get one of those? I've been doing email to fax and it seems to lose the attachments that way.

First, log into your RingCentral account and then go to the Tools tab and download the Softphone app (this app contains the fax printer driver):

Once the softphone app is installed and configured, you should be able to send faxes by just selecting the RingCentral fax printer driver as shown in the two screen shots below:

EDIT: I guess that I should have asked if you are running Windows before mentioning the RingCentral fax printer driver, because I don't think they offer this app for OS X or Linux.
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

1 edit

Melissa2009B

Erk! No tools tab on mine!

Oh wait, it's in another menu. How come we have different menus?

Anyway, thanks! It shows up in my print menu now!