Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08

3 edits
reply to LiQuiD

Re: RFC 4638 and Teksavvy

Bell's dsl aggregation network supports MTU's over 1500 bytes both on the old ATM network and on the new FTTN network. (Including in area's with old OC3's feeding the co's).

I use to use a 1500byte MTU with caneris with zero issues. This lack of jumbo MTU support is likely on teksavvy's end.

edit: I have since replaced my Caneris ML-PPP with a 100megabit optical gigabit service from nexicom.

Caneris's ML-PPP implementation scales very nicely to 16 lines as well. They have one of the most reliable and versatile LNS I have ever had the pleasure of connecting to.

edit: I never tested an MTU of 1500 on a single line, it was always on 4+ lines.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by OHSrob:

Caneris's ML-PPP implementation scales very nicely to 16 lines as well. They have one of the most reliable and versatile LNS I have ever had the pleasure of connecting to.

edit: I never tested an MTU of 1500 on a single line, it was always on 4+ lines.

But that is because you were using MLPPP. That is a different scenario. MLPPP allows for fragmentation and reassembly. Thus allowing for much much larger frames to be passed down the connection.

The point of RFC4638 is to both increase the MTU and stop the packet fragmentation.