spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

click

@qwest.net

[Qwest] What is the USB port on the Actiontec C1000A modem?

Hello, I have Centurylink service. a) Is there a manual for the modem? b) What can I do with the USB port on the back of the modem? I plugged a USB printer into it and nothing happened. Thanks.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

»qwest.centurylink.com/internethe···00a.html

This is the closest thing to a manual that I can find »qwest.centurylink.com/internethe···eng.html

As for the USB port, I believe it is not enabled. I could not find exactly what the verbiage is on that MODEM/Router.
Other MODEM/Routers made by Actiontec says that the port (if active) can be used to charge a cell phone, or connect a printer, etc.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

click

@qwest.net

Thanks! I wonder if along with all the USB fans and USB 'fridges that exist, someone has invented a USB-what-does-this-port-do dongle? You stick it in an unknown USB port and it tells you that the port respected it as a printer, 'fridge, telephone charger, Oracle database licensing dongle, flash drive, etc.

retiredqwest

join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA
reply to click

It allows you to use USB instead of Ethernet to connect to a computer. It is not for connecting USB devices.

They added these to dsl and cable modems for computers that did not have Ethernet ports. Don't know why they still have that port on these modems nowadays.

broccoli

join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR

said by retiredqwest:

It allows you to use USB instead of Ethernet to connect to a computer. It is not for connecting USB devices.

No. The C1000A has a USB A jack, just like the ones present on computers, which means the modem-router functions as a USB host.

retiredqwest

join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

1 edit

said by broccoli:

said by retiredqwest:

No. The C1000A has a USB A jack, just like the ones present on computers, which means the modem-router functions as a USB host.

The point is mute since it's probably not active anyway....

colorbars

join:2003-03-20
USA

A mute point? Are you sure it isn't a moo point, like a cow's opinion?